Open TCP server on NE64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open TCP server on NE64

RChapman
Contributor I
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:01 pm    

I am a hardware type trying to program a TCP server using a MC9S12NE64. The only real documentation I can find is comments in the code so this is a frustrating task.

I have run the tcp_server_demo code, can connect and talk to the board. I have put the line lines
if (BUTTON_IS_PRESSED)
tcps_demo_send();

in the main loop to see how fast it can transmit but it seems it only sends a packet at the rate of ~ 5Hz.

The code says it must wait until the previous packet is sent before it can send another but 5 Hz seems a bit slow. Any suggestions?

The program tcp_server_demo uses the function RECEIVE_NETWORK_BUF to receive data. How come it uses tcp_send instead of SEND_NETWORK_BUF to send it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:10 pm    

I haven't used it myself but will try to contact someone who has, also have you tried this free port of the uIP TCP/IP stack to the NE64 processor. http://www.ericengler.com/EmbeddedGNU.aspx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies