Ruth Hendrix

Cheap ICSP programmers for HC08/HCS08?

Discussion created by Ruth Hendrix Employee on Jan 24, 2006
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2006 by Thierry Maldague
This message contains an entire topic ported from a separate forum. The original message and all replies are in this single message. We have seeded this new forum with selected information that we expect will be of value to you as you search for answers to your questions.

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:12 am    

I'm 15 years old and just getting started with microcontrollers. All of the commercial programmers are outside of my budget. There seem to be tons of cheap programmers that you can build for PICs on AVRs, but I cant seem to find any for the HC08. Are there any?

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:10 pm    

If you choose the HC08 family, you need only a serial-port, a MAX232 some diodes and Rs to create the interface.

If you want, i can mail a schematics with a programmer/debuger interface to you. Otherwise you can find the description in the datasheets.

Saluti

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:47 am    

Do I need any special software to program that? Codewarrior has ISP support, right?

Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:59 am    

The schematics i sent is a little bit sofisticated! But very functional.
You do not need additional software. Simply choose the ICD target from PE when you create a project. Then choose Class 1 ICS .... (Power controlled via DTR). Select a serial port and 9600 baud.
You have to set the right jumpers (see the pdf i sent) for the micro choosen!
Attention switch OFF the FIFO's for the serial port you want to use, otherwise the bock transfers will not work!
Sorry for the german doc (pdf), ti is unfinished so there are the jumper settings for the AB32 only.

Saluti

Outcomes