cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMII to MII in TWR K60

Jump to solution
javier1
Contributor III

I am running the quick start demo in K60 tower kit. It have the KSZ8041, and the example demo is running in RMII mode. How can i change it to MII mode?

I configure de jumpers J2->1-2 (25MHz), J3->1-2 (25MHz for MCU), and J12 with no shunt, in the SER board.

Thank you very much.

Regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
javier1
Contributor III

OK.

The reason why only RMII available is due to MII_RXD2(PTA10) and MII_RXD3(PTA9) are multiplexed with TRACE_D0 and TRACE_D1 which are signals from JTAG header, so to fully support JTAG trace function.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
javier1
Contributor III

Did anyone know anything? so... it can not be put into MII mode?

I want use the micrel KSZ8051 (MII), and i hope running in tower first.

help please.

Regards.

0 Kudos
FarhanH
Contributor III

Hi,

I don't think it is possible to put the K60 TWR board into MII mode. Based on the schematic you can reroute a 25MHz clock to it using jumper 6 but the needed MII signal lines from the K60 just get routed to the IRQ jumpers on the SER board (take a look at the K60 TWR schematic and follow the PTA24+ lines, which are the MII signals). The SER board can be set for MII and can be used with Coldfire processor (this information can be found in the K60 tower uTasker demo PDF).

I am not sure why the K60 TWR was configured this way. It might have to do with wanting to get more access to different peripherals.

Hope that helps.

(Although if you do find a way, please let me know!)

0 Kudos
javier1
Contributor III

OK.

The reason why only RMII available is due to MII_RXD2(PTA10) and MII_RXD3(PTA9) are multiplexed with TRACE_D0 and TRACE_D1 which are signals from JTAG header, so to fully support JTAG trace function.

Regards.

0 Kudos