cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9s12hy 64 through usbdmlt

khan26
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to read this mcu 9s12hy64 of 100 pins. I  try with special edition  code warrior HCI2{x} microcontollers classic as well as USBDMLT .  I open the software & select new project after THT I have selected 9s12hy64 after that TBDLM  after that  debug target not connected showing . If any body having idea abut this error kindly post ur idea I am trying this first time .

Regards.

Khan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

mculater
Contributor III

Did you install the USBDM project's DLLs for CodeWarrior?

Best regards,

Carl Barnes

www.technologicalarts.com

Evaluate * Educate * Embed

0 Kudos

khan26
Contributor I

hi,

sorry for replaying late  i download the usbdm-4-9-2-win &cw-hc12-v5.1-special but i failed to connectto target no tbdl connected this message is coming.

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Dear Khan,

It's a bit unclear what the exact problem is you are having.  Is the chip failing to be detected/connected to or is the TBDML failing to be found.  These are different problems.

Could you do the following please?

1. Install Codewarrior (done).
  2. Download and install the current version of USBDM (done).
  3. Update the BDM firmware using the USBDM Firmware Updater
  4. If this fails to find the BDM then it is likely that the drivers are not installed correctly.  See this page: http://usbdm.sourceforge.net/USBDM_V4.9/USBDM_JS16/html/driver_page.html
  5. If the firmware update works (step 2) then the drivers are probably OK.
  6. Please try the stand-alone HCS12 programmer and see if it works.  You should be able to download the .S19 file from your Codewarrior project. Report any error here (The exact message please).
  7. If the programmer works then re-try Codewarrior and report any error (details please).

Note: You should install codewarrior before the USBDM software as it needs to install files into the Coewarrior installation.

Good luck.

0 Kudos