K60 SD card example issue and others questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K60 SD card example issue and others questions

rob_mir
Contributor I

We are using the K60 tower and the iar sytem (6.3 version) with J-link debugger.

The first question concerns the example of MFS Secure Digital (C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.7\MFS\examples\sdcard). At runtime the application provides us the message "Error installing communication handle." This problem does not allow us to go ahead with testing of additional commands of the MFS file system. The SD memory (2GB) works fine with a PC. As an example already available should not run smoothly?

The main file demo.c includes sdcard_spi.h;  after reading the documentation IO drivers we think that the right file is  sdcard_esdhc.h. However we have tried to replace the include the esdhc file and nothing has changed, and not even including any of them. However, the compilation is successful, and the runtime error still exists.

The second question concerns the possibility of using USB OTG in MQX. In the release notes of version 3.7 this feature is not supported (and in fact there is no example of this), but for us it is especially important. An our primary specification is this: the OTG port of K70 must recognize and support a device or a host, but never another OTG device (in other words, we need a simplified OTG software stack). Is there a way to overcome this obstacle? MQX version 3.8 will cover this lack?

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

olebon
Contributor I

Why don't you use onboard PE debugger that is part of the tower? I also had some problems with SD card example, but it was IAR and AT91SAM256X with J-Link. In addition it was giving a message that J-Link does not support file system commands. With PE the example works perfectly.

0 Kudos