AnsweredAssumed Answered

M68EVB912B32 Problems

Question asked by Justin Ly on Dec 15, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 22, 2011 by Daniel Lundin

Hello,

I'm new to freescale, and I recently got a M68EVB912B32 board and the corresponding CodeWarrior Evaluation CDs ( Code Warrior Versio 5.9.0 ).

I also bought a program from Freescale that came in a folder called BLUE and am transferring a program called CMC_880.s into Codewarrior. Using a BDM Multilink, I am trying program and debug the code. I have run into several errors, but the one that stand out the most for me is: "Error while writing to 8000 to 8400".

I don't know if it's related, but when running the program in simulation, for some reason, when I try to initialize the RAM using the SEGMENTS section in the HC912B32 linker file for assembly, nothing gets written to it. I don't know if I'm initializing it properly. What specifically must be done to initialize the RAM, as I might have done it improperly?

Something else I am wondering about is the fact that I'm using code from a .S file in my main assembly file. Are there complications with that? And if there are, does anybody have any suggestions on how to fix that?

Outcomes