MPC8641D...The Debugger Does not enter Main.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8641D...The Debugger Does not enter Main.

hrishikesh23
Contributor I

Dear Team,

I am a Newbie to MPC family..i am using code warrior 8.7 PA compiler on windows xp and win7 platform..i have code warrior debugger. i Have gone throught the getting started manual ..and created a project . when i download the code to processor the compiler throws the following error : in one of its "WINDOW". I have break points in main ..but it does not reach..main...the __start.c file...it come to the first executing instruction and then stops...even after pressing F10 it is not stepping ahead.

The other observation is ..at the very first line of __start.c i had set a break point...and clicked on RUN ..the control after few time came again to the same place.

I think the processor is getting reseted..but unable to fine the reason is it due to hardware or software.

Can this issue be caused due to incorrect insertion of Jtag connector[COP]..inserted in opposite manner..but as i have gone through the pin connection..they are active high so..a vcc shoul result in zero.

Please suggest me if i need to do some software or debugger settings in the project which can fetch the control to main.........:smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:.

I am Using MPCHPCN..argo navis Motherboard.

Thanks and Regards

Hrishikesh.

Program "debug.elf (chain position 2, core #2)" is executing. Choose Break from the Debug menu to stop it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

akil
Contributor I

Hi,

Have u resolved this issue?

We are also facing same issue. Could u plz share some information on this.

Thanks and Regards

Akil

0 Kudos