cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about p1020WLAN

ahuza
Contributor I

hey guys!

i am trying to load the 3 files (uboot,uimage and rootfs) from an ftp server instead of the flash of the device.

This for configuiring an open source wifi driver instead of the wifi freescale driver.

we connected to the board threw minicom in linux (rs232) and after changing the variables in the  enviroment , we tried to connect to the ftp server (there the file rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot is located)

threw the command run ramboot and after the connection failed, we changed the variables ipaddr and serverip and hit the command saveenv.   the problem is that the board isnt loaded at all when we click reboot.  we attached a print screen.

another problem is that we can't find the file rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot  int the disk on key that we got with board.

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jpa
Contributor IV

I'm not sure if I can help, but here's a few ideas...

* Do you mean TFTP instead of FTP ?  I have a TFTP boot working with the P1010RDB and u-boot.

* I think uboot assumes you're going to put fixed file names in the environment, and then use symbolic links on the TFTP server to map your actual files to these fixed file names.  So in my SDK USB stick, there's a P1010RDB_Images.tgz file that contains two files "max.rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot" and "min.rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot".  Create a symbolic link called "rootfs.ext2.gz.uboot" that points to one of these two files on your server's tftpboot directory.  You probably will need to do the same for uImage.  For whatever reason, the tools always seem to use P1010RDB.dtb for the DTB file.  

First get it so you can TFTP the individual pieces into RAM from the uboot command line, and then if you still can't get it to boot, I'll try to post my exact u-boot environment settings.  I got it to work by poking at it until it gave in, so I don't remember them off the top of my head.  

Hope this helps.  Just getting started on this myself.

John

0 Kudos