cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet boot boot-patch

TimeLord86
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

Before I lunge in at the deep end trying to flash EEPROM's, does anyone have any hints / tips / suggestions / comments / step-by-step guides on using the boot-patch for boot-over-ethernet configurations on a MSC8156EVM board?I find the documentation on it oddly cryptic and in some places confusing...

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AndrewinApps
Contributor IV

Hi David,

I generated a boot patch for DDR for the EVM. Provided the patch in your other thread regarding ethernet boot.

The flow is this:

1. Burn the boot patch file to the board's I2C EEPROM using the standard I2C Burner project in the CodeWarrior directory base

(Freescale\CW SC v10.2.x\SC\StarCore_Support\I2CBoot\MSC815x-MSC825x\EEPROM_burner)

2. Change dip switches or your RCW settings so that BP == 1. (If you are configuring RCW from the I2C Rom, that means you have to update the boot patch file with your desired settings there, including BP).

3. Repower the board and boot.

Then the board will start the boot process, pause boot and run the boot patch (in the case of the patch I sent - it will set up the DDR Controller for the EVM), and then it will return to the standard Boot process.

0 Kudos