Brad Gilliam

ColdFire Assembler-only Project for MCF51QE128

Discussion created by Brad Gilliam on Nov 23, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2012 by KERRIE NOLLETTE

Hello,

There is a problem vexing me at the moment, and that is, how to get a downloadable-to-EVB file generated (presumably that is an ELF file???).

Using the EVBQE128 with MCF51QE128 installed and the P&E Micro MultiLink Universal tools.  Using CW for MCU v10.1, fully updated. Absolutely NO C/C++ code. The assembler has generated a main_asm.obj file, no problem there. I am not using any code libraries as additional sources for the project. But the so-called SmartLinker (presumably it is this tool) is giving me fits! :

Here is the Console view from Build Project:

**** Build of configuration MCF51QE128_Internal_Flash for project EVBQE128_with_MCF51QE128_15-NOV-2011_A ****

C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW MCU v10.1\gnu\bin\make all
'Building file: ../Sources/main.asm'
'Invoking: ColdFire Assembler'
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Freescale/CW MCU v10.1/MCU/ColdFire_Tools/Command_Line_Tools/mwasmmcf" @@"Sources/main.args" -o "Sources/main_asm.obj" "../Sources/main.asm"
'Finished building: ../Sources/main.asm'
' '
C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW MCU v10.1\gnu\bin\make: *** No rule to make target `C:/CodeWarrior_Workspace_2/EVBQE128_with_MCF51QE128_15-NOV-2011_A/Project.prm', needed by `EVBQE128_with_MCF51QE128_15-NOV-2011_A.elf'.  Stop.

Now, here are the ColdFire Linker settings under Project Properties - Tool Settings:

Command: "${CF_ToolsDir}/mwldmcf"

All options: -sym full -msgstyle parseable -proc 51QE -lavender model=ewl ,print=int ,scan=int ,io=raw -nostdlib "../Project.prm" -application -map -map keep -srec -sreclength 252 -sreceol dos -list -brec -breclength 252 -w on

Expert settings: ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG} ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}

And here is the contents of the Project.prm file, with the Vector Addresses being omitted for brevity here:

LINK main.abs

/* CodeWarrior will pass all the needed files to the linker by command line. But here you may add your own files too. */
NAMES
    main_asm.obj
END

/* Here all RAM/ROM areas of the device are listed. Used in PLACEMENT below. */
SEGMENTS
    ROM_AREA = READ_ONLY        0x00000000 TO 0x0001FFFF    
    RAM_AREA = NO_INIT            0x00800000 TO 0x00801FFF
END

/* Here all predefined and user segments are placed into the SEGMENTS defined above. */
PLACEMENT
    DEFAULT_ROM INTO ROM_AREA
    DEFAULT_RAM INTO RAM_AREA
END

I'm stumped, does anyone see what I am missing here? The CW for MCU help is not being very helpful ;(

It was much easier back when I was using the MCF9S08QE128 chip...

Any help would be most appreciated, thanks!

Brad

Outcomes