cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MMEVK: Desktop Envirnment goes black after reboot

amit_patil1122
Contributor I

Hello there,

Its been a while since i have started working on imx8mmevk kit. I have build standalone Embedded Linux for imx8mmevk.system specs are:

U-Boot SPL 2021.04-5.10.35

U-Boot 2021.04-5.10.35

Linux version 5.10.35

(GCC) 10.2.0

RFS Debian Buster [10]

Note: i have built this things individually in standalone environment and not Yocto.

Now, i m able to boot into uboot followed by kernel successfully.

Im also able to enter into command prompt of linux. and update the packages

i.e. sudo apt update

But, after that i am trying to install some desktop environment for my Linux.

I have tried GNOME and KDE-Plasma

commands:

apt install kde-standard

apt install gnome

But after successfully installing i'm still not able to see the Desktop+login window[GUI].

After rebooting the kit a black screen is visible nothing else.

I am following wiki guide for wayland since it says only GNOME and KDE are supported. So, is it right or not?

I want know if we can use some lightweight desktop for my board. since GNOME and KDE are too heavy.

https://wiki.debian.org/Wayland#GNOME_.28supported_since_3.20.2B-.29

I know that we need Wayland as an desktop server but since the above given source says that, As this is the default Debian desktop environment, Wayland is used by default in Debian 10 and newer, older versions use Xorg by default. 

So, am write to simply run the command and install it or i have to do some more configuration for Desktop server.

https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/sect.graphical-desktops.html

If anyone has done something similar and found solution an  help will be greatly appreciated. I have been stuck on this since 3 days.

I also want know their approach for standalone build if anyone has done something similar.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies