cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to update /etc/rc.local and/or init scripts

Conductor
Contributor II

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to get change into our repository. I need to may changes to the meta-layers, notably inside yp/layers/meta-freescale-distro/recipes-fsl/fsl-rc-local

The problem I'm having is that I can checkout and create a branch on my local, but can't push it upstream as our repo is marked so that no updates are not allowed. I'm told this is the way it is when pulled from NXP, and that I need to create a patch rather than adding commits to my local and being able to push them.

FWIW, I created a branch off hardknott as that is what we are based on.

Everything that is built is located in tmp, and the meta-layers are not inside temp, so if I change the meta-layer my image changes accordingly. Shouldn't this be how we want our repository to work?

How is it expected to be able to make changes to the /etc/.rc.local that is controlled by the following repo?

https://github.com/Freescale/meta-freescale-distro

yp/layers/meta-freescale-distro/recipes-fsl/fsl-rc-local/fsl-rc-local

The logic I was using is that this is not inside tmp which is produced by the bitbake build. In the past I have done this and it worked as far as I remember...but it's been a while.

Alan

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Conductor
Contributor II

I guess these forums are just not supported by NXP very well. That puzzles me as this is the area for product discussion.

I got an email asking if the answer to my question was satisfied. WTF? I was the person that responded to my question and I was being a bit sarcastic as I don't seem to get any answers here on the forum to any of my questions. If NXP doesn't want to provide support you should clearly state that on the top of the mail forum. You have the time to send me an email asking if my question was answered satisfactory, but you couldn't take time to even show that you have read the question to begin with? That is not very good customer support to someone that pays for a development board...my $0.02...

Back to the issue at hand, I see several skeleton templates in poky/meta-skeleton/, there is one for services, one for useradd-example.bb which I will need to do in the future, and another service_0.1.bb that I will need to use as well.

My problem is that even those poky directories seem to be read only as I can't push commits to github.

So NXP, how does one go about adding a service to a ocr-image-dev image? Do I need to file somewhere else for our support? I'm told we have 50 hours of paid support, I hope this is not what we're paying for...

0 Kudos

Conductor
Contributor II

Nobody can say if the meta-layers are fair game or not?

0 Kudos