cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX Solutions Knowledge Base

Labels

Discussions

Sort by:
NXP i.MX8M-Mini CPU, quad-core Cortex-A53 Up-to 4GB RAM and 128GB eMMC LTE modem, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0 2x Ethernet, 3x USB2, RS485/RS232, CAN-FD Custom I/O expansion boards Fanless design in aluminum, rugged housing Designed for reliability and 24/7 operation Wide temperature range of -40C to 80C Wide input voltage range of 8V to 36V Debian Linux, Yocto Project and mainline kernel Support for Docker and Microsoft Azure IoT   IOT-GATE-iMX8 is built around the NXP i.MX8M Mini System-on-Chip, featuring an advanced ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. The SoC is supplemented with up-to 4GB LPDDR4 and 128GB of eMMC storage.   Featuring dual Ethernet, CAN-FD, LTE modem, 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0, IOT-GATE-iMX8 is a highly versatile platform for industrial control, networking, communications and IoT applications. Fanless rugged enclosure design, wide range DC input of 8V to 36V and industrial temperature range of -40C to 80C make IOT-GATE-iMX8 an ideal solution for industrial installations and harsh environments.  IOT-GATE-iMX8 is provided with ready-to-run Debian Linux and full Linux Board Support Package. IOT-GATE Linux packages support Docker and Microsoft Azure IoT.   IOT-GATE-iMX8 spec IOT-GATE-iMX8 evaluation kit IOT-GATE-iMX8 pricing
View full article
NXP MCU-level face recognbition solution is implemented by using i.MX RT106F, which makes the developers add face recognition capabilities to their MCU-based IoT products. This ultra-small size, integrated software algorithm and hardware solution can facilitate developers for rapid evalution and proof of concept development. This solution minimizes time to market, reduces risk and reduces development work, which can make it easier for many OEMs to add face recogtion functions. It provides advanced user interface and access control functions for smart homes, smart appliances, smart toys and smart industries without the need for Wi-Fi and cloud connectivity, solving the privacy issues of many consumers. i.MX RT106F is a member of the i.MX RT1060 series. It will be officially mass-produced in April 2020. It is mainly aimed at low-cost face recognition applications. It is based on the Arm Coretx-M7 core and a high-performance real-time processor with a frequency up to 600MHz. In addition to the face recognition function, the i.MX RT106F also has a large number of available peripherals, which can be used as the main chip for a variety of applications. i.MX RT106F has been licensed to run NXP OASIS runtime for face recognition, including: ● Camera Driver ● Image capture and preprocessing ● Face Detection ● Face Tracking; ● Face Contrast; ● Face Recognition; ● Anti-fraud; ● Face Configuration; ● Confidence; ● Face recognition authenticat results; ● Built-in secure bootloader, application verification; ● Automatic Verification Script; ● Support MCUXpresso SDK, IDE and configuration tools. Hardware Framework Software Framework Core Process of Software
View full article
Hi All, One of my recent work with IMXRT Series MCU's, A Simple Drum Pad Proto designed with IMXRT Crossover platform MCU's and Capsense touch. For more details about the project and source. checkout here https://www.hackster.io/ashokr/imx-rt-drum-pad-a8c1cd Thanks Ashok R Embedded Club (@embeddedclub) • Instagram photos and videos #nxp 
View full article
Unboxing MYD-C8MMX Dev Kit Based on NXP i MX 8M mini A53 Quad Processor The MYD-C8MMX development board is using the i.MX 8M Mini Quad Processor which is among NXP i.MX 8M mini family of applications processors and includes a 1.8GHz quad Cortex-A53 core plus a 400MHz Cortex-M4 core. The MYC-C8MMX CPU Module provides an outstanding embedded solution for Home and Building Control, IOV, Industrial and Medical Instruments, Human Machine Interface (HMI) and more other general purpose industrial and IoT applications which require optimized power consumption while maintaining high-performance.performance and low-power processors. For more information: http://www.myirtech.com/list.asp?id=618 http://www.myirtech.com/list.asp?id=617
View full article
The MYD-JX8MX development board is a versatile platform based on the NXP i.MX 8M Quad processors which feature 1.3GHz quad ARM Cortex-A53 cores and a real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor and provide industry-leading audio, voice, and video processing for applications that scale from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers. It is built around the MYC-JX8MX CPU Module and has brought out rich peripherals through connectors and headers such as 4 x USB 3.0 Host ports and 1 x USB 3.0 Host/Device port, Gigabit Ethernet, TF card slot, USB based Mini PCIe interface for 4G LTE Module, WiFi/BT, Audio In/Out, HDMI, 2 x MIPI-CSI, MIPI-DSI, 2 x LVDS display interfaces, NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD Interface, etc. It is provided with both Linux and Android software package and delivered with necessary cable accessories for customer to easily start development as soon as getting it out-of-box. A MIPI Camera Module MY-CAM003 is provided as an option for the board. More information can be found from MYIR's website: MYD-JX8MX Development Board | i.MX 8M ARM Board-Welcome to MYIR                       
View full article
NXP i.MX 8X SoC, quad-core ARM Cortex-A35, 1.2GHz Integrated 2D/3D GPU and 4K VPU Up to 4GB LPDDR4 and 64GB eMMC 2x MIPI-DSI / LVDS, up-to 1080p60 Certified dual-band WiFi 802.11ac, BT 4.2 2x GbE, PCIe, 4x USB, 3x CAN-FD, 96x GPIO Yocto Linux - BSP and ready-to-run images Industrial temperature range: -40° to 85° C 10-year availability CompuLab's CL-SOM-iMX8X is a miniature System-on-Module board designed for integration into industrial embedded applications. Bringing out the full capabilities of the NXP i.MX8X SoC, CL-SOM-iMX8X provides high performance and versatile connectivity in a miniature (36 x 68 mm) form-factor. CL-SOM-iMX8X Detailed Spec CL-SOM-iMX8X Development Kit CL-SOM-iMX8X Online Pricing
View full article
The MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel is an ultra-low cost Human Machine Interface (HMI) solution based on 528MHz NXPi.MX6UL/6ULL ARM Cortext-A7 processor. It is a Linux-ready device with ported QT, can be used in various applications including POS, Intelligent access control and more others. The panel provides a well-designed hardware with various peripherals and rich software resources to help users accelerate their time to the market. The MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI consists of an MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board and a 7-inch capacitive LCD mounting on its top. The LCD offers 800x480 pixels display resolution. The MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board provides peripherals and interfaces including RS232, RS485, Ethernet, USB Host/Device, LCD, Camera, TF card slot and etc. Considering wireless communication and dial-up functions, MYIR offers an optional IO board MYB-Y6ULX-HMI-4GEXP for the MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel. The IO Board features on board AP6212 module for WiFi/Bluetooth and a Mini-PCIe interface for USB based 4G LTE module. Moreover, the IO Board has extended one more Ethernet interface and Audio in/out ports to further enhance the functionality of the panel, thus making a complete solution for HMI applications. The MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI has passed the verification of EMC Compliance.           MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel                            MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel + MYB-Y6ULX-HMI-4GEXP
View full article
The documentation has summerized some FAQs for development based on NXP's i.MX 6UL/6ULL ARM Cortex-A7 processors. MYIR provides a series of i.MX 6UL/6ULL based products including SoM, SBC, development board and HMI display panel. MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI | 7-inch HMI Display Solution based on NXP i.MX 6UL/6ULL-Welcome to MYIR  MYS-6ULX | NXP i.MX 6UL / 6ULL SBC Board for IoT and Industry Applications-Welcome to MYIR  MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module | NXP i.MX 6UL, i.MX 6ULL SOM | ARM Cortex-A7 Processor-Welcome to MYIR   MYD-Y6ULX | NXP i.MX 6UL, i.MX 6ULL Development Board / SOM, ARM Cortex-A7 Processor-Welcome to MYIR  MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board | NXP i.MX 6UL/6ULL Board for HMI Applications-Welcome to MYIR  MYIR is pleased to share the experience with more developers. 
View full article
The complete tutorial / FAQs are uploaded to http://www.myirtech.com/faq.asp?selec. The tutorial / FAQs are based on MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products but are also applicable to similar products from other companies. MYIR hopes these are useful to you. MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products: http://www.myirtech.com/nxpseries.asp MYS-6ULX Single Board Computer MYD-Y6ULX Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board) MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board) MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel
View full article
MYIR introduces a high-performance ARM SoM MYC-JX8MX CPU Module, which is built around the NXP i.MX 8M Quad processor featuring 1.3GHz quad ARM Cortex-A53 cores and a real-time ARM Cortex-M4 co-processor. The module runs Linux and is capable of working in extended temperature ranging from -30°C to 80°C.   Measuring 82mm by 52mm, the MYC-JX8MX CPU Module has integrated 1GB/2GB LPDDR4, 8GB eMMC, 256Mbit QSPI Flash, Gigabit Ethernet PHY and PMIC on board. A large number of I/O signals are carried to or from the i.MX 8M CPU Module through one 0.5mm pitch 314-pin MXM 3.0 expansion connector, making it an excellent embedded solution for Scanning/Imaging, Building Automation and Smart Home, Human Machine Interface (HMI), Machine Vision and more other consumer and industrial applications which requires high multi-media performance. MYC-JX8MX CPU Module (delivered with heat sink by default) MYIR also offers a versatile platform MYD-JX8MX development board for evaluating the MYC-JX8MX CPU Module. It takes full features of the i.MX 8M processor and has brought out rich peripherals through connectors and headers such as 4 x USB 3.0 Host ports and 1 x USB 3.0 Host/Device port, Gigabit Ethernet, TF card slot, USB based Mini PCIe interface for 4G LTE Module, WiFi/BT, Audio In/Out, HDMI, 2 x MIPI-CSI, MIPI-DSI, 2 x LVDS display interfaces, PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD Interface, etc. It is delivered with necessary cable accessories for customer to easily start development as soon as getting it out-of-box. A MIPI Camera Module MY-CAM003 is provided as an option for the board.                                                                       MYD-JX8MX Development Board MYIR offers 1GB or 2GB RAM selections for the CPU modules and development boards which have very-high powered prices to compare. Part No. Item Processor LPDDR4 eMMC Unit Price MYC-JX8MQ6-8E1D-130-E MYC-JX8MX  CPU Module NXP i.MX 8M Quad Processor based on 1.3GHz Quad ARM Cortex-A53 and 266MHz Cortex-M4 cores  (MIMX8MQ6CVAHZAB) 1GB 8GB $99 MYC-JX8MQ6-8E2D-130-E 2GB $119 MYD-JX8MQ6-8E1D-130-E MYD-JX8MX Development Board 1GB $279 MYD-JX8MQ6-8E2D-130-E 2GB $299 Supports extended working temperature ranging from -30°C to 80°C.
View full article
MYD-JX8MX development board based on NXP i.MX8M quad processors provides powerful multi-media functions including dual displays, dual cameras, high-quality audio, etc. The target applications scale from consumer home audio to industrial building automation and mobile computers requiring high-performance and low-power processors. Highlights: - MYC-JX8MX CPU Module as Controller Board - NXP i.MX 8M Quad Application Processor - 1GB / 2GB LPDDR4, 8GB eMMC Flash, 256Mbit QSPI Flash - RS232, 4 x USB 3.0 Host, 1 x USB 3.0 Host/Device, PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe SSD Interface, TF Card Slot - Supports Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi/BT and 4G LTE - 2 x MIPI-CSI, HDMI, 2 x LVDS, MIPI-DSI, Audio Input/Output
View full article
Watch the demo of Color Segmentation using e-CAM130_iMX8 - 13MP Autofocus Camera Board for i.MX8. e-CAM130_iMX8 is a 13MP 4-lane MIPI CSI-2 autofocus color camera board for i.MX8 family of processors. The e-CAM130_iMX8 camera board is interfaced directly to the CSI-2 MIPI interface on the Variscite's DART-MX8M Evaluation kit (VAR-DVK-DT8M). The iHDR (interlaced High Dynamic Range) support helps to capture good quality images in both high and low illumination. e-CAM130_iMX8 also comes with a high-performance Image Signal Processor (ISP) that performs all the Auto functions (autofocus, auto white balance, auto exposure control).
View full article
The complete tutorial / FAQs are uploaded to http://www.myirtech.com/faq.asp?selectm=class&anclassid=6&nclassid=90  The tutorial / FAQs are based on MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products but are also applicable to similar products from other companies. MYIR hopes these are useful to you. MYIR’s NXP i.MX6UL/6ULL series products:  MYS-6ULX Single Board Computer MYD-Y6ULX Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board) MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board (MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module as core board) MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel How to connect Ubuntu to the Internet? Run Oracle VM VirtualBox (this is what I am using, you may use other VirtualBox). Open the settings in the supervisor, choose network, enable network connection, connection type: bridge network card, the name of the interface: Select by actual occurrence. If you want ubuntu to use fixed IP, you may set it up in “Ubuntu/etc/network/interface”. Reference: # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8) auto lo iface lo inet loopback auto enp0s3 iface enp0s3 inet static address 192.168.30.109 netmask 255.255.255.0 getway 192.168.30.1   How to transfer files between Windows PC and the development board? The board and PC should be connected to the same network. Install tftpd64.exe software on the PC. Current Directory, choose the path to upload files. Server interface, choose the IP of PC. Execute “tftp 192.168.1.153 -g -r test.sh” in Xshell when downloading files to the board. Execute “tftp 192.168.1.153 -p -r test.sh” when upload files from the board to PC. 3-3-1 tftpd64 Server configuration How to transfer files between Ubuntu and the development board? The board and Ubuntu should be connected to the same network. Execute scp file to transfer files: “scp -r /home/roy/rs485 root@192.168.1.223:/home/root”. Tips: this command means copy folder ubuntu/home/roy/rs485 to directory /home/root of board with IP 192.168.1.223.
View full article
Human Machine Interface (HMI) is a graphical interface between the user and the machine that allows humans to interact with machines, thus helping us effectively control equipment as well as getting real time data acquisition. Nowadays HMIs are widely used in countless sectors like electronics, entertainment, automation, industry, military, medical, etc. A user-friendly HMI can help increase productivity by having a centralized control system. The MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel introduced by MYIR is specially designed for HMI applications which is based on NXP’s i.MX 6UL / 6ULL ARM Cortex-A7 processors. It is ready to run Linux and consists of an MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board and a 7-inch capacitive LCD mounting on its top. It is delivered with necessary cable accessories including one 12V/2A power adapter with four types of conversion plugs, one power switch cable and a quick start guide to help user start to use right away when getting it out of box.                                              MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel    MYIR also offers an add-on optional IO board MYB-Y6ULX-HMI-4GEXP for the MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel to further extend the functionality of the panel including one more Ethernet, WiFi & BT, USB based 4G LTE Module Mini-PCIe interface, Audio and GPIOs, thus making a complete solution for HMI applications. The IO board is delivered with one WiFi antenna and one 4G antenna but 4G module is told only as an option and user can contact MYIR for details.                                                  MYB-Y6ULX-HMI-4GEXP IO Board Let’s know more about the MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI Display Panel. The MYD-Y6ULX-HMI Development Board can support DC 12V~24V power supply. It is built around the MYC-Y6ULX CPU Module which has a compact design, measuring only 37mm by 39mm. It has integrated the i.MX 6UL/6ULL processor, DDR3, NAND FLASH/EMMC and was well soldered onto the base board through its 1.0mm pitch 140-pin Stamp Hole (Castellated-Hole) Expansion Interface which is cost-effective but with high reliability and strong vibration resistance. The 7-inch LCD provided by MYIR offers 800x480 pixels display resolution with a capacitive touch screen. Separate the LCD from the MYD-Y6ULX-HMI board, we can see on the back of the board there is one LCD interface (16-bit RGB), one capacitive touch screen interface and one resistive touch screen interface. The i.MX 6UL/6ULL series processors can support maximum 1366 by 768 pixels display resolution. On the MYD-Y6ULX-HMI board, from left to right, we can see one 2-pin 3.81mm pitch phoenix connector for 12V~24V DC power input (one power switch cable was provided), one 3-wire RS232 serial port and one RS485 serial port from the 6-pin phoenix connector, one 10/100Mpbs Ethernet port, one USB Host port (Type A), one Micro USB OTG port and one TF card slot. Near the TF card slot, there is one 2.54mm 3-pin header for Debug port and RTC battery holder. On the other side of the board, there is one 8-bit parallel camera interface, buzzer and one reset button.   The MYD-Y6ULX-HMI board has two 2.0mm pitch 2*20-pin headers for IO extension. The MYB-Y6ULX-HMI-4GEXP is just an IO extension board designed by MYIR.     The MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI is ready to run Linux operating system. MYIR has built an application demo MEasy HMI to run on this platform. The MEasy HMI is a frame of human-machine interfaces which contains a local HMI based on QT5 and a Web HMI based on Python2 back end and HTML5 front-end. The dependency software includes dbus, connman and QT5 applications, python, tornado and other components. The MEasy HMI block diagram is shown as below:   The MEasy HMI uses D-Bus as the access interface for the QT application and the underlying hardware. MYIR provides a complete set of control and communication interfaces for RS232, RS485, CAN and LED and encapsulates the interface into a library for external use based on D-BUS Method and Signal. The MEasy HMI uses Connman to control network devices. Connman is a fully modular system that can be expanded by plug-in to support the management of EtherNet,    WIFI, 3G/4G, Bluetooth and other network devices.     The directory structure of MEasy HMI is shown as below.        User can get more information about the MYD-Y6ULX-CHMI from MYIR’s website: http://www.myirtech.com/list.asp?id=604
View full article
e-con Systems with over 15 years of experience in pioneering different cameras for embedded devices have been working towards integrating MIPI CSI-2 cameras to the i.MX 8M EVK from NXP. Our current pursuit to interface the e-CAM130_MI1335_MOD to the MCIMX8M-EVK was successful and we have evaluated the following resolutions and framerates. S. No Resolution Framerate (per second) 1 640×480 120 2 1280×720 80 3 1920×1080 80 4 3840×2160 30 5 4192×3120 13* Table 1 : Resolutions and framerates supported * – under development. Expected to go higher. The MCIMX8M-EVK is the official evaluation kit for the i.MX 8M series application processors from NXP. It has a quad core ARM Cortex A53 running at 1.5 GHz and an ARM Cortex M4 core for low power operations and 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM. The MCIMX8M-EVK supports 2 MIPI CSI2 cameras in 4 lane configuration simultaneously. It also has other IO options such as a DSI display interface, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.0, MicroSD, Ethernet and Audio out. This configuration is ideal for designing low power devices such as OTT STBs, AV receivers, handheld devices, machine visual inspection systems and other general-purpose HMI solutions. The e-CAM130_MI1335_MOD uses the 1/3.2” AR1335 rolling shutter sensor from ON Semiconductor. This sensor supports a maximum resolution of 13MP with an active pixel array of 4208×3120. We have also added additional features such as 3A (Auto Exposure, Auto Focus, Auto White Balance) and HDR imaging using a dedicated onboard ISP. The output format of the camera is UYVY which removes the need for bayer demosaic processing on the host processor. This camera is ideal for developing high resolution imaging with HDR for close range machine visual inspection. You can soon expect our launch for various camera products for the i.MX 8M platform. Please check out our product page for updates.
View full article