Evaluation of MYIR's i.MX 8M Mini based SOM and EVM

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

The MYC-C8MMX CPU Moduleis designed by MYIR, which is an ARM embedded System-on-Module (SoM) based on NXP’ i.MX 8M Mini Quad Application Processor. The MYD-C8MMX development board is built around the MYC-C8MMX CPU Module, it is a complete evaluation module for your prototype and reference design. It is capable of running Linux and Android OS and provided with plenty of software resources. Typical applications are for Industry Control, Smart City, Smart Home, HMI, Internet of Things (IoT), etc.

Let’s see a video introduction of the MYD-C8MMX development board.

https://youtu.be/FL_CZiSMYsM

myd-c8mmxchip.jpg

The MYC-C8MMX CPU Moduleis using the MIMX8MM6CVTKZAA (MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA) processor chip which is among the NXP i.MX 8M Mini family and combines advanced 14LPC FinFET process technology to provide more speed and improved power efficiency. It has a quad Cortex-A53 core which operates at speeds of up to 1.6 (1.8) GHz. It also has a general-purpose Cortex-M4 400 MHz core processor for low-power processing. Some parameters and target applications of the processor chip are listed below for reference.

Parameter

Value

Core: Number of cores (SPEC)

Core Type

Arm Cortex-A53

Operating Frequency [Max] (MHz)

1600 (MIMX8MM6CVTKZAA)/1800 (MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA)

L2 Cache (Max) (KB)

Co-Processor Type

Arm Cortex-M4F

Co-Processor Frequency (MAX) (MHz)

External Memory Supported

DDR3L SDRAM, DDR4 SDRAM, ECC, LPDDR4 DRAM, NAND FLASH, NOR FLASH, QSPI

GPU 2D / GPU 3D

1x shader, Vivante GC320, Vivante GCNanoUltra

MIMX8MM6CVTKZAA (MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA) processor

The chip only has MIPI-DSI and MIPI-CSI interfaces and no HDMI or other display interfaces. It can support wide working temperature range from -40 to 105 Celsius degree. MYIR’s MYC-C8MMX CPU Module can support working temperature from -40 to 85 Celsius degree.

Parameter

Value

HW Video Encoder / Decoder

HD1080p60 H.264, HD1080p60 H.265

Video/Display features

MIPI-CSI, MIPI-DSI

PCIe

PCIe 2.0 x 1

Audio Specific Modules

8-ch PDM input, SAI

USB Controllers

Serial Communication

1 x PCIe 2.0,3 x SPI,4 x I²C,4 x UART

Junction Temperature ()

-40 to 105 (MIMX8MM6CVTKZAA), 0 to 95 (MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA)

MIMX8MM6CVTKZAA (MIMX8MM6DVTLZAA) processor

Target Applications of i.MX 8M Mini Processors

Automotive

Smart City

Heating Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)

Automatic Vehicle Identification

Motorcycle Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Small Engine Control

Fleet Management

Inventory and Supply Chain Management

Industrial

Public Address Systems

Air Conditioning (AC)

Transport Ticketing

Building Safety

Building Security

Smart Home

Digital Signage

Audio/Video (AV) Receivers

Energy Gateway

Gaming Console

Heat Metering

Home Control Panel

Hospital Admission Machine

Home Security & Surveillance

Image Analytics

Home Sensor

Industrial Control

In-Home Energy Display

Industrial HMI

Major Home Appliances

Machine Visual Inspection

Robotic Appliance

Smart Lighting

Set Top Boxes

Smart Power Socket and Light Switch

Small and Medium Appliances

Two-way Video Conferencing

Smart Speaker

Vision, Advanced Sensing and Processing Board

Soundbar

Surround Sound and Sound Bars

Mobile

Wireless or Networked Speakers

Cable

Hearables

Technologies

Input Device (Mouse, Pen, Keyboard)

Voice Assistants

Smart Watch

Voice Control

Wireless Charging Pad

Wristband

The MYC-C8MMX CPU Module is a minimum system with PMIC, CPU, RAM (DDR4), Flash (eMMC, SPI Flash) and clock, plus an Ethernet PHY chip. A number of peripheral and IO signals are access through two 0.8mm pitch 100-pin board-to-board expansion connectors.

MYC-C8MMX CPU Module Top-view                                         MYC-C8MMX CPU Module Bottom-view

The MYD-C8MMX base board has mainly extended four parts:
1. Audio interface: added audio chip to extend Audio input and output interfaces
MYDC8MMX01.png

2. External power supply part: added one DC-DC power chip

MYDC8MMX02.png

3. Added one USB hub chip to extend 4 USB from the SoC USB interface, separately used for 4G LTE, two USB Host and one USB on expansion header.

MYDC8MMX03.png

4. Extend RTC module through I2C interface

MYDC8MMX04.png

Many other peripheral interfaces are brought out for user extension.

myd-c8mmx-fbd.jpg
                                                   MYD-C8MMX Function Block Diagram

myd-c8mmx600.jpg
                                                           MYD-C8MMX Interface Diagram

Among so many interfaces, Backlight, LVDS LCD and MIPI interface are relative to display function. The Backlight interface has 6 pins including two power signals, two GND and two GPIO (one is enabled terminal to control the backlight power and another is PWM to control the brightness of backlight.)

MYDC8MMX05.png

The two GPIO control terminals are from the GPIO1_01 and 08 of the i.MX 8M Mini.

MYDC8MMX06.png

The LVDS LCD and MIPI interface, total 3 interfaces are for display. But actually i.MX 8M Mini only has one MIPI DSI interface. The other two LVDS interfaces are switched from DSI through one DS12LVDS bridge chip, one is single link LVDS and another is dual link LVDS. So, we can only select MIPI DSI display or LVDS display. Also, we can only select single link LVDS or dual link LVDS.

MYDC8MMX08.png

MYIR offers optional LVDS based 7-inch LCD Module MY-LVDS070C including capacitive touch screen to work with the MYD-C8MMX board. The display resolution is up to 1024 by 600 pixels. 

LVDS070C.png
                          MY-LVDS070C 7-inch LCD Module with Capacitive Touch Screen

The MYD-C8MMX has one 2.0mm pitch 2*15-pin male expansion header. PDM and SAI are audio relative interfaces which are brought out from the expansion header.

MYDC8MMX09.png

附件
无评分
版本历史
最后更新:
‎08-25-2020 11:27 PM
更新人: