Boundary Devices - Android Lollipop NFC demo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is a video that shows the NFC feature integrated into our Android Lollipop 5.0.0 code base. It is running on our Nitrogen6x platform along with the NXP PN7120 development kit.

The video shows that a NFC tag, programmed with Boundary's URL, is automatically read and starts the Browser accordingly.

In order to read/write data from a NFC data, Android provides a fully documented API.

If you seek an existing application to write tags, here are a couple of options:

For more information, please visit http://boundarydevices.com/

Labels (1)
Comments

Hello Gary,

We have a custom board based on imx6dl with NXP PN544/C1 running Android kikat 4.4.3 (Linux 3.10.53).

We enabled pn544 hci, i2c and could see the following the console output

HCI NFC driver for PN544: pn544_hci_i2c_platform_init

pn544_hci_i2c 1-0028: Detecting nfc_en polarity

pn544_hci_i2c 1-0028: nfc_en polarity : active high

pn544_hci: pn544_hci_probe

We tried installing Nfc.apk after compiling libnfc from external/libnxp, Nfc.apk and jni libraries from packages/app/Nfc but we are not able to see any logs from Nfc service,

Can you pls point us what we could be missing?

Regards

Rajeev

Hi Rajeev,

Our demonstration is using Android L500 release, also based on the 3.10.53 kernel.

You can look at our manifest to see the differences made for NFC support:

android-manifest/default.xml at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga_cnt · boundarydevices/android-manifest ...

Also make sure to have selected all the required packages in your device configuration:

android_device_boundary/cnt.mk at boundary-imx-l5.0.0_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_device_boun...

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm unfortunately unable to watch the video included in this page, getting error "this video is private".

Would you know the reason for this ?

Regards,

Jeremy.

Hi Jeremy,

Unfortunately the video had to be taken down due to legal issues. I need to make another video but I don't have the PN7120 dev kit any more.

As a FYI, the video showed the integration of the NFC features in the Settings menu. Then it showed how to flash a card using TagWriter, writing Boundary's URL to the tag, then presenting the tag to the antenna again started the Browser automatically to Boundary's website.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Gary

Hi jeremygeslin,

I've been able to make another video with the PN7120, the top article should be updated soon (being moderated).

In the meantime, here is a link to it: NFC PN7120 Demo running on i.MX6 Single Board Computer - YouTube

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the updated video.

Regards,

Jeremy.

No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎10-01-2015 07:21 AM
Updated by: