what is the best way to communicate between 2 1064/2 SoCs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best way to communicate between 2 1064/2 SoCs?

oded1
Contributor I

I am designing a board with 2 RT1064 and I need them to exchange data in rates of min 350bps. what is the best way?

of course I want to keep number of pins to minimum. does SPI support this rate? 

can I use the eMMC interface for that? 

since the master is communicate with 2 SoCs, I need to take into account that there is 2 interfaces from that type. thats why I cant use the R/MII interface.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

oded1
Contributor I

Hi

my mistake, I am talking about 350 Mbps so UART and SPI is out of the question. QSPI is an option but I am not sure what the max speed I can get fro it. 200Mbps?

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ODED GUTENTAG,

350Mbps is really very high, QSPI flash is using the FlexSPI, but the FlexSPI is the external memory interfaces, not used for the two chip communication.

pastedImage_1.png

If you are really want to use 350Mbps min communication rate, I think the RT can't support it.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

oded1
Contributor I

Hi

in the worst case the RT is able to use USB/HS that is capable of 350Mbps. this is the origin of this speed. If I connect one end to USB MSD for example I want to be able to send the maximum data speed to the next part in the chain, in my case another RT. it is not reasonable then the RT will always be the bottle neck. since the RT has 2 USB ports, I can connect one of them for internal communication. but I relay want to avoid USB implementation for internal communication. 

What is the max. speed for RMII?

any other options?   

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ODED G,

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

So, maybe just the USB you can use.

Or, you can check our I.MX series, not the RT, I.MX speed will be more quick, it is totally the processor.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi ODED G ,

Min 350bps speed is really very slow, normally, the communication need to consider the highest speed, not the lowest.

If your min 350bps, you can use these module to communicate the two chips:

UART just need two pins.

SPI need 4 pins

I2C need 2 pins

I don't think you need to use the eMMC interface, because the above three general communication interfaces is enough to use.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos