undefined reference to `SystemInit'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

undefined reference to `SystemInit'

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Was doing build just fine. When into the pin configuration tool. Came out. And now I'm getting:

Building target: PPsys-CIRAS4-HMI_PC143.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -Xlinker -Map="PPsys-CIRAS4-HMI_PC143.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -Xlinker --sort-section=alignment -mcpu=cortex-m7 -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -T CIRAS4-HMI_PC143_RELEASE.ld -o "PPsys-CIRAS4-HMI_PC143.axf" ./TargetSpecific/Drivers/board.o ./TargetSpecific/Drivers/clock_config.o ./TargetSpecific/Drivers/fsl_ft5406_rt.o ./TargetSpecific/Drivers/pin_mux.o ./startup_mimxrt1062.o
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.5.1_7266/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.5.1.202201181444/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ./startup_mimxrt1062.o: in function `ResetISR':
C:\Users\mike\git\CIRAS4-HMI_Repository\CIRAS4-HMI_PC143\RELEASE/../startup_mimxrt1062.c:683: undefined reference to `SystemInit'
c:/nxp/mcuxpressoide_11.5.1_7266/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.win32_11.5.1.202201181444/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/10.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\mike\git\CIRAS4-HMI_Repository\CIRAS4-HMI_PC143\RELEASE/../startup_mimxrt1062.c:753: undefined reference to `main'
Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
BOARD_FLASH: 2176 B 4 MB 0.05%
SRAM_DTC: 4 KB 128 KB 3.13%
SRAM_ITC: 0 GB 128 KB 0.00%
SRAM_OC: 0 GB 768 KB 0.00%
BOARD_SDRAM: 2 MB 32 MB 6.25%
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [makefile:47: PPsys-CIRAS4-HMI_PC143.axf] Error 1
make: *** [makefile:38: all] Error 2
"make -r -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

mspenard603
Contributor IV

If I uncheck "Update Include Paths" it doesnt break. But that doesnt seem right. I never had to do that in the past.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

If I GIT->Reset and get my project working again and use the Pin Config tool, and do an Update Code without changing any pins, it breaks again. All my icons change and I get some new TargetSpecific/Drivers/ folder in my Project Tree again

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to the compile log, I'd like to suggest you confirm the __USE_CMSIS whether had already been defined.

jeremyzhou_0-1656468879280.png

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Hi, yes, it's defined in #symbols as it has been. Which is why I'm very confused.

Untitled.png

My icons look funny all of a sudden now too:
Untitled.png

And I notice that /Drivers is now in two locations on my Project Tree ?!
Untitled.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, it's my first time seeing the 'funny' icon, further, it seems like the system_MIMXRT1052.c and system_MIMXRT1052.h disappear in your project.
Lastly, can you replicate the phenomenon on the demos in the SDK library?
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Any further thoughts on this????

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I was wondering if you can illustrate the steps of replicating the issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

I created a new workspace and opened the HelloWorld example. Then opened the Pin Config tool and updated. No issue. So something is going on with my project, which had been working for years now. Thoughts?

0 Kudos