您的意思是: 
已解决

rt1050: Switch between XiP mode and Run in RAM mode

跳至解决方案
1,329 次查看
jayyehtw
Contributor III

Hi,

I am now investigating on the bootloader design of the company product which uses rt1050 as main processor.

I am wondering if it is possible to programally switch the rt1050 from xip mode to execution in RAM mode.

The mechanism I am thinking is:

1. The code flash is separated in to 2 blocks: 1. application code and 2. bootloader code

2. In most cases, the rt1050 would execute the application code in xip mode.

3. If the enter bootloader command is received, the rt1050 would read the bootloader code and load in RAM and execute it

4. The bootloader code run in RAM would receive new application code and program into flash.

5. After the update of application code, the bootloader code would programally jump to application code and run in xip mode

Just wondering if it is feasible to implement the mechanism.

标签 (1)
0 项奖励
1 解答
1,303 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1)If there any code example of jumping from bootloader to application in XIP?
-- Please downloading the code of AN12604 via the below link and refer to it for details.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12604SW.zip
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
1,312 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Yes, it is feasible to implement the second bootloader mechanism.
Further, I'd like to suggest you refer to the application note to learn how to implement a second boot loader on i.MX RT1050, i.MX RT1020, and i.MX RT1060 part based on XIP flash.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 项奖励
1,306 次查看
jayyehtw
Contributor III

Hi 

Thanks a lot for the response.

The application note seemed would also work for me despite that having a xip based bootloader makes it difficult to update the bootloader itself.

If there any code example of jumping from bootloader to application in xip? 

0 项奖励
1,304 次查看
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
1)If there any code example of jumping from bootloader to application in XIP?
-- Please downloading the code of AN12604 via the below link and refer to it for details.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12604SW.zip
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 项奖励