cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Chip Configuration" chapter for i.MX RT1170

dominic
Contributor II

Dear NXP team,

the i.MX RT1170 reference manual Rev. 0 contains lots of references to "Chip Configuration" details, but this information seems to be missing from the current version of the RM.

I'm specifically interested in the options for synchronizing ENET/ENET_1G timers to other modules on the SoC. The TRM says in chapters 60.3.10.1.1 and 60.3.10.2:

Additional inputs are available to provide a timer value for all time-stamping functions.
This is necessary to synchronize the two MACs to a single reference timer. See the Chip
Configuration details for available clock inputs to the time-stampimg functions.

and

This is necessary to synchronize the two MACs to a single reference timer. See the Chip
Configuration details for available clock inputs to the time-stampimg functions.

Is this information available somewhere?

Regards,

Dominic

0 Kudos
2 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dominic,

The Chip Configuration reference in the RM is an issue that comes from the manuals used as base for this document, there is no separate document to refer about this.

I think the additional clock inputs mentioned in the RM refers to when you configure ENETn_ATCR[SLAVE] = 1, by doing this, the timer is ignored and the current time is externally provided from one of the external modules, this is useful if multiple modules within the system must operate from a single timer.

FelipeGarcia_0-1621353709526.png

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos

dominic
Contributor II

Hello Felipe,

yes, the reference to "Chip Configuration details" pops up in lots of NXP manuals. There are some manuals that actually have a chapter for these details, I'm looking at the Vybrid Reference Manual Rev. 5 (really old) for example.

In the context of this MAC timer that I'm looking into the piece that is missing is the information what these "one of the external modules" actually are. Which module could provide that clock, and how would I select which one I want? E.g. in the context of ENET and ENET_1G: How could I configure ENET to use ENET_1G's clock, and how could I configure ENET_1G to use ENET's clock?

A "Chip Configuration" chapter wouldn't be the worst place to put this kind of information.

Regards,

Dominic

0 Kudos