cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxrt 1050 XIP from NOR

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi

I want to create a new project with MCUXpresso for mxRT1050 but memory where code run is in NOR FLASH not HYPERFLASH. How can I do it?

Best Regards

Giovanni Grondona

0 Kudos
6 Replies

eyalbarzilay
Contributor I

Hi Giovanni,

If this helps, I have a short app note where I describe how to migrate, the i.MXRT1050 EVKB board, from HyperFlash to EcoXiP (ATXP032) which is an octal NOR flash device made by my company Adesto Technologies. In this case we take the RT1050 EVK, replace the HyperFlash with our own EcoXiP device and make the necessary software updates to boot and execute-in-place (XiP) from our device. The app note also refers to 3 tool chains: IAR, Keil MDK and MCUXpresso IDE. You can find the app note on our web site (but you'll have to register) or I can send you directly if I have your email address. On the website it's at https://www.adestotech.com/products/ecoxip/  (scroll down and click on the Applications tab - the app note is the last one).

Eyal

Adesto Technologies

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giovanni

one can check AN12108 How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12108.pdf 

MCUXpresso document

Overview of using the MIMXRT1050-EVK(B) with MCUXpresso IDE 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi Igor

Thank you for your answer. I read all the things you told me. I think I need to do the following actions:

1. Choose MIMRXT1050_SFDP_QSPI.CGX driver in the project option
  2. Replace evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_config.c with evkbimrxt1020_flexspi_nor_config.c  and include files
  3. Update  evkbimxrt1020_flexspi_nor_config.c  with  memory parameters used

Is it correct ?

Best Regards

Giovanni

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giovanni

latest MCUXpresso IDE releases added a new flash driver called
MIMXRT1020_SFDP_QSPI.cfx that configures from Serial Flash Discovery Protocol data -
in addition to the default MIMXRT1020-EVK_IS25LP064.cfx that ships with the SDK.

If the user selects the MIMXRT1020_SFDP_QSPI.cfx driver for their project, this driver
will attempt to self configure from JEDEC SFDP data (if present on the QSPI device) and
so should support a wide range of QSPI devices.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi Igor

Thank you for your answer. I think  MIMXRT1020_SFDP_QSPI.cfx driver is the same of MIMXRT1050_SFDP_QSPI.cfx,

I think I have to change evkbimxrt1020_flexspi_nor_config.c with correct parameters.

Is it correct?

Best Regards

Giovanni Grondona

0 Kudos

giannigrondona
Contributor III

Hi Igor

Thank you for your answer. I read all the things you told me. I think I need to do the following actions:

1. Choose MIMRXT1050_SFDP_QSPI.CGX driver in the project option
  2. Replace evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_config.c with evkbimrxt1020_flexspi_nor_config.c  and include files
  3. Update  evkbimxrt1020_flexspi_nor_config.c  with  memory parameters used

Best Regards

Giovanni

0 Kudos