cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxrt1062 and dual SDRAM IC's

JohnDerrick
Contributor I

Hello

I need to have at least 1024Mb SDRAM to use in my project (with imxrt1062 CPU). And i want to use two SDRAM ICs- for example IS42SM16320E-75BLI (512Mb 32Mx16).
Could anyone explain how to connect multiple SDRAM IC's to one imxrt1062? Is there any datasheet explaining how exactly command/address/data buses should be shared between SDRAMs and IMXRT?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Could anyone explain how to connect multiple SDRAM IC's to one imxrt1062?
-- The i.MX RT1062 has multiple CS pins to support to connect multiple SDRAM chips.
2) Is there any datasheet explaining how exactly command/address/data buses should be shared between SDRAMs and IMXRT?
-- As I mentioned above, i.MX RT1062 has multiple CS pins and one CS is used to select one SDRAM chip, definitely, other pins such address and data bus pins, etc, are shared. In further, every CS pin have a memory area range, then the SEMC can operate a target SDRAM chip according to the valid address.

TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

JohnDerrick
Contributor I

Thank you for aswering!

So, I need to connect every buses and signals between RAM chips (including adresses, data, commands, DQML/DQMH, CLK,CKE,RAS,CAS etc, but excluding only CS signals, because CS should be connected indepedently to CPU?

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.
1) So, I need to connect every buses and signals between RAM chips (including adresses, data, commands, DQML/DQMH, CLK,CKE,RAS,CAS etc, but excluding only CS signals, because CS should be connected indepedently to CPU?
-- Yes.
Hope this is clear.

TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos