imxrt1060-evk: Code execution from HyperRAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxrt1060-evk: Code execution from HyperRAM

vinaymanikkoth
Contributor II

how to run the code from external HyperRAM (flexSPI). replaced the hyperflash with a hyperRAM device and now i am looking for a way to execute the codes from hyperRAM. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Please refer to the following application note. Although for this document we use the RT1050, the same concepts apply for the RT1060. 

How to Enable HyperRAM with i.MX RT (nxp.com)

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

vinaymanikkoth
Contributor II

I have referred to this document. This is explaining about the enabling the peripherals and accessing the hyperRam.

With the same config can I copy the codes into hyperRam and start executing it from there ?

I am trying to do something like this.

I have a u-boot, which is relocating the linux kernel from sd card to SDRAM. Trying to modify this and relocate the code to hyperRam instead of SDRAM. I am able to finish the relocation, but encounters issue when starts the execution. 

Is there any specific config I need to take care before starts the code execution?

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I apologize for the misunderstanding, it's not possible to boot from an HyperRam memory. The intended use of the HyperRam is to use it as described in the application note that I shared before. 

Regards,
Victor  

0 Kudos