cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxrt1050 Flexcan Polling, FIFO and Masking

Jump to solution
michaelsmorto
Contributor IV

I have been working with Flexcan on the imxrt1050 and the interrupt examples works with no problem.  Also modified it to work so it receives and transmits with out interrupts but still uses the same basic masking and setup for tx and rx.

Now I have a three part question:

1.  Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan for polling mode?

2.  Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan in fifo mode?

3.  Masking set up is confusing the heck out of me.  For instance how to do you set the mask up in any of the modes to accept any msg.id?  Especially since it is also driven by "    FLEXCAN_SetRxMbConfig(EXAMPLE_CAN, RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_NUM, &mbConfig, true);"  So what would this be to receive any msg.

Thanks in advance.  

Mike

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael Smorto,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Q1) Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan for polling mode?
-- Until now, there's the similar demo in the SDK library now, it needs the developer to modify the current the FlexCan demo.
Q2)  Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan in fifo mode?
-- Until now, there's the similar demo in the SDK library now, it needs the developer to modify the current the FlexCan demo.
If you have any further questions about the modification, please feel free to contact me.
Q3)  Masking set up is confusing the heck out of me.  For instance how to do you set the mask up in any of the modes to accept any msg.id?  Especially since it is also driven by "    FLEXCAN_SetRxMbConfig(EXAMPLE_CAN, RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_NUM, &mbConfig, true);"  So what would this be to receive any msg.
-- Actually, I'm not very clear with this question, whether you can clarify it.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael Smorto,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
Q1) Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan for polling mode?
Q2)  Do you have any examples for setting up flexcan in fifo mode?
If you have any further questions about the modification, please feel free to contact me.
Q3)  Masking set up is confusing the heck out of me.  For instance how to do you set the mask up in any of the modes to accept any msg.id?  Especially since it is also driven by "    FLEXCAN_SetRxMbConfig(EXAMPLE_CAN, RX_MESSAGE_BUFFER_NUM, &mbConfig, true);"  So what would this be to receive any msg.
-- Actually, I'm not very clear with this question, whether you can clarify it.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos