imxRT1170 File system operations using MQX.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imxRT1170 File system operations using MQX.

Naveed
Contributor II

Hello,

Can you provide the imxRT1170 EVK-example code for file system operations using MQX RTOS like,

• partitioning the flash memory

• create, read, write and deletion of files

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Naveed :

MQX v5 supports MIMXRT1170.   It is under commercial license.

Please refer to below link for more details.

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/mqx-software-solutions/mqx-v5-software-solutio...

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Naveed
Contributor II

Thanks for your quick response.

We are in the process of purchasing the MQX5.

Can you point/share us the example application for the file system operations such as partitioning the flash memory, read, write and deletion of files?

Or, whether the example application will come as part for the MQX V5 licensed package?

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Naveed :

Sorry I don't have this package. please contact mqxsales@nxp.com for your questions.  

@doug_bruce_mqx_ 

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Naveed
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I will check with the MQX support for the package.

If possible, can you share me the imxRT1170 EVK example application for the file system operations for partitioning the flash memory in FreeRTOS.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

In SDK for RT1170, there is a SDCARD fatfs FreeRTOS demo. It reads/writes/erases the SD card continuously.

SDK_2_12_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\sdmmc_examples\sdcard_fatfs_freertos\cm7

But I don't find a demo partitioning the flash memory in FreeRTOS, I will update you in case I find one.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

Naveed
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
You can ignore the RTOS part. I want to use the Flex SPI(QSPI) external Flash(NOR/NAND/Hyper). I got this example, SDK_2_12_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\component_examples\flash_component\semc_nand in SDK for RT1170.
I want to partion the flash memory as required is there a option or any way that I can do it?
If there any other such example for external flash over flex SPI please tell me.

Also, please let us know if it is possible to partion the flash memory(connected to MCU through flex SPI) and format a partition as FAT32 and use the MQX file system to perform file operations on this partition.

Board: iMXRT1170-EVK

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Naveed
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.
You can ignore the RTOS part. I want to use the Flex SPI(QSPI) external Flash(NOR/NAND/Hyper). I got this example, SDK_2_12_0_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\component_examples\flash_component\semc_nand in SDK for RT1170.
I want to partion the flash memory as required is there a option or any way that I can do it?
If there any other such example for external flash over flex SPI please tell me.

Board: iMXRT1170-EVK

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos