cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1170-EVK | debug issue, can not found link server on PC

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear Team,

My customer has a strange issue that his PC stops debugging RT1170-EVK and got the following issue :

rt1170_linkserver_issue.png

---> here is the full log

Spoiler

Connection reset

at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)

at java.base/sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)

at java.base/sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)

at java.base/sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)

at java.base/sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read0(Unknown Source)

at java.base/sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)

at java.base/java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.receive(RedlinkServerClient.java:965)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1068)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1053)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.sendReceive(RedlinkServerClient.java:1040)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.probeList(RedlinkServerClient.java:950)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.common.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.discoverEmulators(RedlinkServerEmuHandler.java:222)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.win.AbstractWinServerProbe.discoverEmulators(AbstractWinServerProbe.java:72)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getEmus(EmulatorsDB.java:260)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getEmulatorInfo(EmulatorsDB.java:200)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.EmulatorsDB.getAvailableEmulators(EmulatorsDB.java:129)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.getAvailableEmulators(TargetDiscovery.java:499)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.probeDiscovery(LinkServerLaunchConfigHandler.java:625)

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.launch.ProbeDiscoveryJob.run(ProbeDiscoveryJob.java:60)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

The customer has reinstalled all the drivers but still, this issue remains.

By the way, the board works fine on other PC. 

Two questions: 

1. Can you please advise what caused this issue and how to overcome it?

2. if the customer would like to use an external debugger such MCU-Link with RT1170-EVK. what is the correct process to do that?

Waiting for your kind feedback, Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shai_b ,

Normally, when you meet this issues, you just need to enter the serail download mode, and do the external flash mass erase.

You can follow this post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/RT1170-EVK-MCUXpresso-quot-SWD-Configuration-quot-0-available/m...

The customer already make it works.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@kerryzhou, Thank you.

I'll keep you posted if it helped.

KR,

Shai

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Normally, mass erase is useful.

Waiting for your good news!

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Dear @kerryzhou,

It looks like there is still an issue on this PC, the customer got the following error while using the NXP MCU Boot utility (see below)

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-03 at 14.07.40.jpeg

as I said before if I will connect the EVK to another PC the EVK works (and debug works), but this issue appears only on this PC (of SW engineer).

Can you please advise what could be the issue here and how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance 

KR,

Shai

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @shai_b ,

Seems you didn't read the following post in details:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT/RT1170-EVK-MCUXpresso-quot-SWD-Configuration-quot-0-available/m...

Your board is MIMXRT1170-EVK, why you select RT500?

And do you use the correct USB port?

1) Power-off EVK, disconnect all USB cables
2) Set SW1 to serial mode: SW1: 1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-OFF, 4-ON
3) Connect single USB cable from PC host to J20 USB1 (SDB)
4) With power cable J43 connected, switch on power SW5.
4) Launch NXP MCU Boot Utility, bin\NXP-MCUBootUtility.exe
5) Press button “Connect to ROM” on left
6) After “Connect to ROM”, verify USB-HID displays Vendor ID: 0x15A2, Product ID: 0x0073
7) Under Target Setup, select MCU Series and Device: i.MXRT1117x
Select tab Boot Device Memory
9) Change Start/Offset: 0x30000000 ( 8-digits) , Change Byte length 0x1000 (4-digits).
While not required, setting helps you erase flash memory, especially the FCB, IVT,BD area, which influence the boot, and debugger connection.
10) Press button Mass Erase
11) Restore SW1 to internal boot mode: SW1: 1-OFF, 2-OFF, 3-ON, 4-OFF, and reboot EVK board
kerryzhou_0-1649207053851.jpeg

Please try it again!
Best Regards,
Kerry
0 Kudos