cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1064 debug fault

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello,

I have been using EVK board for iMXRT1064 and my project created for the EVK board runs fine.

Recently I received prototype boards. But the code is not running on the prototype boards.

The demo example projects for iMXRT1064 EVK board do not run on the prototype boards. Is this expected?

I loaded a example led blinky. Removed the code for led init and systic delay used. Kept only while(1) loop.

performed a debug of the project and observed that the code does not run when while(1) is executed. 

I created a new project for iMXRT1064 device but still getting fault (image attached)

What could be the issue?

Thanks

Regards,

Anuj

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuj Tanksali ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your introduction, I guess the issue is related to the hardware design of the prototype board, I was wondering if you can list the differences between the board and MIMXRT1064 board.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The LCD, SDRAM connections are same which are required for Emwin. The Emwin demo project contains minimum peripherals so i used the Emwin demo project. 

I was able to go debug and run the sample Emwin demo project by changing the boot mode through the boot fuse configuration switches.But the program gets stuck in a function BOARD_BootClockRUN()  while loop. See highlighted in RED below.

.Capture.PNG

If i comment the above while loop the program runs ok. Can you please let me know the significance of above loop and whether it can be disabled in configuration. 

From the iMXRT reference manual i came to know we have used external PMIC instead of internal PMIC on EVK board which uses DCDC. we are not using DCDC as external PMIC is used.

How do we configure this in config tools section?

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuj Tanksali ,

Thanks for your reply.
 1) Can you please let me know the significance of the above loop
-- It should assure the internal DC-DC has already been set prior to executing subsequent codes
2) Whether it can be disabled in the configuration
-- The below two lines of codes are able to be commented out if don't use the internal DC/DC module in the power supply circuit of your board.

/* Setting the VDD_SOC to 1.275V. It is necessary to config AHB to 600Mhz. */
    DCDC->REG3 = (DCDC->REG3 & (~DCDC_REG3_TRG_MASK)) | DCDC_REG3_TRG(0x13);
    /* Waiting for DCDC_STS_DC_OK bit is asserted */
    while (DCDC_REG0_STS_DC_OK_MASK != (DCDC_REG0_STS_DC_OK_MASK & DCDC->REG0))
    {
    }

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

We don't use DCDC in the power supply of our board. 

As this code is in a auto generated file clock_config.c there has to be a way to disable DCDC using MCUXpresso ConfigTools. If i manually comment the code it works but i will have to comment out the lines every time i add drivers or any component. Please let me know.

Regards,

Anuj 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuj Tanksali,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, the MCUXpresso Config Tool doesn't have the option to allow the power supply design to adjust the generating code until now.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

anujtanksali
Contributor II

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

As shared with you the snapshot below,

/* Setting the VDD_SOC to 1.275V. It is necessary to config AHB to 600Mhz. */
    DCDC->REG3 = (DCDC->REG3 & (~DCDC_REG3_TRG_MASK)) | DCDC_REG3_TRG(0x13);
    /* Waiting for DCDC_STS_DC_OK bit is asserted */
    while (DCDC_REG0_STS_DC_OK_MASK != (DCDC_REG0_STS_DC_OK_MASK & DCDC->REG0))
    {
    }

It is said that it is necessary to config AHB to 600MHz as highlighted above. Does it means that if 600 MHz is used for AHB then DCDC is necessary. 

Can we configure AHB to 600 MHz without DCDC?

I observed that creating a new project for device iMXRT1064 with no specific board and then if driver files are generated then not much code is generated for clocks. But if i configure AHB to 600 then whether DCDC will be enabled by default?

Regards,

Anuj

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Anuj Tanksali,

Thanks for your reply.
1) Can we configure AHB to 600 MHz without DCDC?
-- Yes, it's able to do it.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos