iMXRT1064 / How to set up CSI for raw camera data?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1064 / How to set up CSI for raw camera data?

Jump to solution
jaripeltonen
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm developing camera application for iMXRT1064.

The camera we are using is a b/w camera sensor that outputs RAW-10 (RAW-8) data. The camera outputs MIPI serial data, so we have a bridge IC that converts the serial data to parallel CSI data. We have an 8-bit wide interface in use from the bridge IC to iMX; CSI_DATA09 .. CSI_DATA02.

As I understand, our current setup gives data as follows; on even lines BGBGBG... and on odd lines GRGRGR..., and each element is an 8-bit value. Both the camera and the bridge IC are successfully initialized and configured when starting up the camera application. I can see CSI reporting two buffers being filled in, and after that it tells that no buffer is full.

What would be the optimal configuration for the CSI receiver in this case where incoming data is raw data?

Any advice on how to receive and process raw data by CSI would be appreciated.

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Jari

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jari,

RT1064 supports 8-bit/10-bit/16-bit Bayer data input for raw data from the image sensor. You can find more information about this in the CSI chapter of the RM.

Best regards,

Felipe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jari,

RT1064 supports 8-bit/10-bit/16-bit Bayer data input for raw data from the image sensor. You can find more information about this in the CSI chapter of the RM.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos