Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1064, Digital-to-Analog Converter output

Jump to solution
jaripeltonen
Contributor IV

Hello,

We are planning to use iMXRT1064 in our HW design. We need to have one D/A converter output. I'm a bit confused about does iMXRT1064 provide a D/A channel or not. Document IMXRT1064IEC says;

The i.MX RT1064 processors support the following analog interfaces:
• Two Analog-Digital-Converters (ADC), 16-channel for each, 20-channel in total, 1MSPS
• Two Digital-Analog-Converters (DAC)

The reference manual, on the other hand says (chapter 65 ACMP);

The 6-bit DAC from a comparator is available
as an on-chip internal signal only and is not available externally to a pin.

I also tried to find DAC outputs using NXP Pin Tool, but couldn't find any pad that would provide a D/A output.

So, my question is, does iMXRT1064 provide D/A outputs? If yes,, in which pads are they available?

Best regards,

Jari

0 Kudos
1 Solution
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>does iMXRT1064 provide D/A outputs? If yes,, in which pads are they available?

The 6-bit DAC from a comparator is available as an on-chip internal signal only and is not available externally to a pin. So RT1064 doesn't have  a DAC for external use.

Hope it help you . Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

>>does iMXRT1064 provide D/A outputs? If yes,, in which pads are they available?

The 6-bit DAC from a comparator is available as an on-chip internal signal only and is not available externally to a pin. So RT1064 doesn't have  a DAC for external use.

Hope it help you . Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
jaripeltonen
Contributor IV

Hi fangfang,

Thanks for your fast response.

If there aren't any DAC outputs on iMXRT1064, then the document (https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMXRT1064IEC.pdf) should be updated accordingly, as it clearly says "The i.MX RT1064 processors support the following analog interfaces:Two Digital-Analog-Converters (DAC)".

I have no further questions on this topic. We can close this thread.

Best regards,

Jari

0 Kudos