Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1024 Problem with jump to application freerto lwip example

Jump to solution
JasonGT93
Contributor II

Hello everyone,
I am working on a custom bootloader which performs some tasks like opening a file from the sd and copying an application (.bin) from the sd to flash memory (on chip FLEXSPI memory).
I have tried several demo applications, and I have had no problems performing a "jump to application" from the bootloader. For each application, I modify and adapt the linker file (.ld) to my memory map.

However, when I tried to perform the jump to application to the "evkmimxrt1024_lwip_ping_freertos" example, it failed and returned a hard fault.
It seems that the problem comes from running freertos but I can't figure out where the error is.

Another examples with IRQ like the button or systemtick application work without problem.

In addition, I tried to use the printf() in the first line of the main() but the application does nothing.

On the other hand, If I run this application standalone in the evaluation board I have no problem. The fault appears when I use the "jump to application" from my bootloader.

EDIT: I tested "jump to application" with another freertos examples like "freertos_swtimer" or "freertos_hello" and these work without problem. The fault continues with the "lwip_ping_freertos" example.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JasonGT93
Contributor II

Solved!

I added the "noncacheable" property to the same sections included in the "freertos_hello" example. That's all.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JasonGT93
Contributor II

Solved!

I added the "noncacheable" property to the same sections included in the "freertos_hello" example. That's all.

0 Kudos