cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX RT1170 EVK FLASH_RST

Jump to solution
leonardoprates
Contributor III

RT1170 EVK has a reset signal FLASH_RST from GPIO_AD_03 to reset OCTAL flash. The reset can be asserted from this pin or POR_RST. Default is FLASH_RST disconnected (J94).

When this signal is necessary? What's the reason for leave the option for microcontroller to reset octal flash? Are there some initial script that use this pin to reset the flash by software using JLink/MCU-Link?

Thank you,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leonardoprates 

FLASH_RST is used to sync the external flash to the 1-1-1 mode. after the MCU is reset.

As if you set the octal flash to the 8-8-8 OPT mode, just the MCU reset, not the POR, the MCU will use the 1-1-1 mode to read the external flash, and that flash is on the 8-8-8 OPT mode, then the read will have issues.  So, use the FLASH_RST can sync the MCU.

If you check the flashloader chip, it will also use the GPIO to reset it. You can solder the R378 to use the Flash_RST to reset the octal flash.

More details, you also can check my community post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1170-Octal-flash-enablement/ta-p/1498369

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry

View solution in original post

1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @leonardoprates 

FLASH_RST is used to sync the external flash to the 1-1-1 mode. after the MCU is reset.

As if you set the octal flash to the 8-8-8 OPT mode, just the MCU reset, not the POR, the MCU will use the 1-1-1 mode to read the external flash, and that flash is on the 8-8-8 OPT mode, then the read will have issues.  So, use the FLASH_RST can sync the MCU.

If you check the flashloader chip, it will also use the GPIO to reset it. You can solder the R378 to use the Flash_RST to reset the octal flash.

More details, you also can check my community post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1170-Octal-flash-enablement/ta-p/1498369

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

kerry