Hi,

we are using RT1166 developer's kit.

We are using MCUXspresso IDE and we are charged the demo project:

eaimxrt1166_guix_washing_machine_hd

but when the firmware arrived on BOARD_InitTouchPanel() function:

#if USE_FT5406_TOUCH()
// Use PCA9530 to initialize the LPI2C5 bus
PCA9530_Init();
if (kStatus_Success != FT5406_RT_Init(&s_touchHandle, LPI2C5))
{
PRINTF("Touch IC initialization failed\r\n");
assert(false);
}

the firmware go on line PRINTF("Touch IC initialization failed\r\n");

Somebody can help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pianetti
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

thanks for your fast reply.

The evaluation kit we are using is from Embedded Artist and the display is the RK043FN02H-CT. 

I've discovered the problem: the flat cable of the touch was damaged (bent during insertion has interrupted one I2C bus line). Also disabling the touch I was not able to run the demo application but I think the demo in MCUExpresso was for the 5.5" display and not for 4.3".

Now I've modified the demo developing one with a custom window for the 4.3" display, made of Azure GUIX IDE and it works fine.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pavel_Hernandez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm reviewing your case, but could you share the information about the model of your screen? Because there are some differences in the SDK because Rocktech discontinued a display.

Updated LCD panels for i.MX RT EVKs - NXP Community

In this thread, you can find the steps to modify if this is your issue. Could you please review the information and confirm? let me know if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Pavel

0 Kudos
Pianetti
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

thanks for your fast reply.

The evaluation kit we are using is from Embedded Artist and the display is the RK043FN02H-CT. 

I've discovered the problem: the flat cable of the touch was damaged (bent during insertion has interrupted one I2C bus line). Also disabling the touch I was not able to run the demo application but I think the demo in MCUExpresso was for the 5.5" display and not for 4.3".

Now I've modified the demo developing one with a custom window for the 4.3" display, made of Azure GUIX IDE and it works fine.

Regards.

0 Kudos