i.mx rt 1064: entering ROM bootloader from code after burning eFUSE (BT_FUSE_SEL)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx rt 1064: entering ROM bootloader from code after burning eFUSE (BT_FUSE_SEL)

Jump to solution
sheng_cao
Contributor II

Hi,

Is it possible to enter the bootloader from code (and perform DFU) after burning BT_FUSE_SEL eFUSE.

For our application, it would be easier to control entering bootloader from firmware rather than having a hardware implementation.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sheng Cao 

Yes, you can.

In fact, the serial download mode is copy the flashloader firmware to the internal RAM, and then jump to the Flashloader address.

痞子衡嵌入式:恩智浦i.MX RT1xxx系列MCU启动那些事(3)- Serial Downloader模式(sdphost/MfgTool) - 痞子衡 - 博客园 

C:\Flashloader_i.MXRT1050_GA\Flashloader_RT1050_1.1\Tools\sdphost\win> .\sdphost.exe -u 0x1fc9,0x0130 -- write-file 0x20000000 ..\..\mfgtools-rel\Profiles\MXRT105X\OS Firmware\ivt_flashloader.bin

C:\Flashloader_i.MXRT1050_GA\Flashloader_RT1050_1.1\Tools\sdphost\win> .\sdphost.exe -u 0x1fc9,0x0130 -- jump-address 0x20000400

So, you also can copy the flashloader firmware to the internal RAM in your own app, and jump to it.

The flashloader can be found in the RT SDK, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Wish it helps you!

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi sheng Cao 

Yes, you can.

In fact, the serial download mode is copy the flashloader firmware to the internal RAM, and then jump to the Flashloader address.

痞子衡嵌入式:恩智浦i.MX RT1xxx系列MCU启动那些事(3)- Serial Downloader模式(sdphost/MfgTool) - 痞子衡 - 博客园 

C:\Flashloader_i.MXRT1050_GA\Flashloader_RT1050_1.1\Tools\sdphost\win> .\sdphost.exe -u 0x1fc9,0x0130 -- write-file 0x20000000 ..\..\mfgtools-rel\Profiles\MXRT105X\OS Firmware\ivt_flashloader.bin

C:\Flashloader_i.MXRT1050_GA\Flashloader_RT1050_1.1\Tools\sdphost\win> .\sdphost.exe -u 0x1fc9,0x0130 -- jump-address 0x20000400

So, you also can copy the flashloader firmware to the internal RAM in your own app, and jump to it.

The flashloader can be found in the RT SDK, which can be downloaded from this link:

Welcome | MCUXpresso SDK Builder 

Wish it helps you!

Wish it helps you!

If you still have questions about it, please kindly let me know.

Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

kensu
Contributor V

Hi Kerry

I have similar question about  burning eFUSE (BT_FUSE_SEL).

If eFUSE (BT_FUSE_SEL) is burned.

It cannot enter download mode automatically by BOOT Mode GPIO(BOOT_MODE0, BOOT_MODE1).

If you want to enter download mode, it need copy the bootloader to SRAM and Jump in your  application(manually).

Is my understanding correct?

Regards

Ken

0 Kudos