cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx rt 1050; Boot room does not jump to QSPI

muratcakmak
Contributor II

Hi All, 

We have own i.mx rt 1050 board, I had a problematic application which prevents me to erase/program the QSPI flash. Than I enabled "Serial Download" and I was able to erase the QSPI flash. 

And then, the strange things started to happen. 

For a while I could not download the image, it was saying that failed to erase the first sector (0x6000000). 

But suddenly, the programming started to work, so I can program now. 

And now, when I debug my code, it seems the code somehow gets stuck in the Boot ROM (~ 0x20 0000). 

The boot rom code is running, but somehow does not jump to the user application. 

I am trying to install a release version of my code which should work. 

I am checking the image, it seems ok, it has XIP Header, so the application should be ok. 

I am wondering did I somehow changed the BOOT Fuses. 

Any idea? 

Thanks.

Murat

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Murat Cakmak,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
1) I am wondering did I somehow changed the BOOT Fuses.
-- I'd like to suggest you use the NXP-MCUBootUtility tool which can visualize the values of Fuse map to validate above assumption, in further, the tool can support program and erase the QSPI chip.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos