Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx RT1060 maintenance mode / OpenSDA recovery

Jump to solution
sergunionline
Contributor II

hi Guys

Board i.mx RT1060 EVK is in maintenance mode.
The firmware of 1050 board do not work, I tried to record the firmware to new without done.
Is there a possible to get into the origin state (Factory Reset)

Need full guid  OpenSDA recovery by FlashTool(or other). Standard copy BIN-file doesn't worked ((((

if someone has an idea, I am open to everything.

thank you in advance

Labels (1)
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergej,

I have sent you additional information on your internal Case.

As complementary details, the source code of the DAPLink CMSIS-DAP included on MIMXRT1060-EVK board can be downloaded from git hub:

https://github.com/ARMmbed/DAPLink

The firmware used on MIMXRT1060-EVK board only add the one feature to update firmware by MSD, and for SWD debug, it reuses the source code from above git hub.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sergunionline
Contributor II

Hi Carlos

Can you please explain to me what the J42 jumper is for? If I have this closed, the mcu comes in another mode / status

Thanks

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergej,

It is for enter into DFU mode of the LPC4322 (ROM code), and could be used to update the firmware, like using the LPCScrypt tool. For additional details regarding this, you could check the following link:

LPCScrypt v2.0.0|NXP 

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sergunionline
Contributor II

Hi Carlos

Please check that, I'll wait for news. :-)))

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergej,

I have sent you additional information on your internal Case.

As complementary details, the source code of the DAPLink CMSIS-DAP included on MIMXRT1060-EVK board can be downloaded from git hub:

https://github.com/ARMmbed/DAPLink

The firmware used on MIMXRT1060-EVK board only add the one feature to update firmware by MSD, and for SWD debug, it reuses the source code from above git hub.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergej,
The Bootloader BIN file could be downloaded from the following link:

OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter|NXP 

Once having the binary file, it will be required flashing it using an external debugger. The following posts explain the procedure:

How to Recover the OpenSDA V2.x Bootloader | MCU on Eclipse 

Recovering OpenSDA Boards with Windows 10 | MCU on Eclipse 

Then, once having the updated bootloader, you could download the desired firmware application with the MSD drag-and-drop procedure.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sergej,

Previous procedure works for the Kinetis K20 based OpenSDA (included on RT1020 and RT1050 boards).

The included on RT1060 board is based on LPC4322, so, let me check and I will back with a reply.

Best regards!
/Carlos

0 Kudos