cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1050 EVK - LCD demo - issue with colors

treto
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using Zephyr with i.MXRT1050 EVK and I've got the LCD RK043FN. I've run the demo from the SDK examples and ported it to Zephyr. The demo runs alright, except for the colour palette - the red part is missing or is skewed. Green/blue parts seem to be ok. My guess is that one (or more) of the GPIOs that are needed to transmit the byte with red data is incorrectly configured. 

LCD is configured as: pixel format = kELCDIF_PixelFormatXRGB8888, dataBus = kELCDIF_DataBus24Bit. Looking at the pin_mux.c that is included in the demos, it would seem that only data bits 0-15 are enabled for the LCD, but the above configuration is used.

Am I missing something or are the bits configured somewhere else, or bytes are squizzed into the 16 bit data bus?

Best regards,

Lukasz

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

MarcinChelminsk
Contributor IV

Hi Łukasz,

not sure if it addressess your issue, but I had similar problem with out-of-the-box demo for emWin (MIMXRT1050-EVK platform, but SDK for EVKB, as suggested in NXP SDK builder). Demo called "evkbimxrt1050_emwin_gui_demo".

Display the same from Rocktech (4.3inch 480x272)

colors distorted.jpg

So as you can see, colors are bit NOT OK.

The change I have made is:

file:

emwin_support.h

before:

#define LCD_BITS_PER_PIXEL 8

after:

#define LCD_BITS_PER_PIXEL 32

And seems to be working now. Hope that helps and makes sense!

colors ok.jpg

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Lukasz,

You could double check the format keyword (on the mentioned one, there are four 8s). You could also take a look at Item 3 of Table 9 “Boot configuration” from “Hardware Development Guide for the MIMXRT1050 Processor” regarding multiplexed LCD signals, available on the following link:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MIMXRT1050HDUG.pdf

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos