i.MXRT1010 EVK WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP driver for W7 x64

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT1010 EVK WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP driver for W7 x64

Sanjiv
Contributor II

Hi. Just powered up the i.MXRT1010 EVK this morning and have installed the latest IDE & supporting SDK as per webinar slides (which are very helpful so far) but ran into an issue: cannot install the driver (yellow marked in Device Manager) for the WebUSB: CMSIS-DAP function. Have reviewed the assorted solutions for this W7 specific issue but so far, after 1+ hour of review, cannot install this driver. Any ideas?

Have reviewed the following:

Windows serial configuration - Handbook | Mbed 

NB: The MBED serial port driver has installed fine on this box.

Attached is a screen grab from our Device Manager on W7 x64.

Will appreciate any help. Understand that Windows 7 is older but it should be possible to support as we have multiple lab systems, each on Windows 7 x64.

Also, how to confirm that the firmware is current for the CMSIS-DAP interface? Did find a download for the front side debug interface but the .bin file is not for this target (LPC4322).

Respectively, due to the above issue, unable to launch the Hello World or any other compiled demo.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Sanjiv
Contributor II

After wasting 4+ hours on this miserable out of the box experience, concluding that someone has not properly signed the driver package for Windows 7 x64 os. Just not supported should be the official statement on this kit. Yet another tool that was not properly tested before release. Installed the same and operational with custom code run in under 10 minutes. As a hardware designer we often find bugs for silicon vendors. Not happy with this rough start so hoping that your silicon has been tested better than your tool chain.