cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MXRT 1020 USB speed test

hahuonga2
Contributor I

Hi all,

I want to run USB speed test on i.MXRT 1020 - EVK. 

I ran some MCUExpresso USB examples such as CDC vcom, HID generic, so PC will be host, and board will be device. I change the speed to configure USB to HIGH speed (480Mb/s) on source code. But I don't know how PC communicate with the board? What is the device type that board will be known by PC?

I assume PC recognize the board as com port, and has a device like /dev/ttyACM1, should I write a C program on PC to run speed test? anh how to wirte it?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Huong Ha,

Glad to hear that.:smileyhappy:

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

hahuonga2
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou

Long time no see :smileygrin: 

Could you please help me with the question below:

- How can I archive the actual data length that IMXRT board received when "USB_DeviceHidGenericCallback" function is called in case "kUSB_DeviceHidEventRecvResponse" event occurred?

I use HID generic bare metal example and I see that all "USB_DeviceHidSend" and "USB_DeviceHidRecv" functions are called with length parameter is "USB_HID_GENERIC_OUT_BUFFER_LENGTH".

I want to send a specific length of data to the RT board, and read the same length of data, not always USB_HID_GENERIC_OUT_BUFFER_LENGTH.

0 Kudos

hahuonga2
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou

Thanks for replying.

I tried HID class device and the speed is too slow: 1.2KB/s.

I'm investigating DFU example.

Just for a backup plan, could you show me how to change baud rate on CDC vcom example? 

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Huong Ha,
Thanks for your reply.

Please modify the macro: LINE_CODING_DTERATE.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Huong Ha,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) But I don't know how PC communicate with the board? What is the device type that board will be known by PC?
-- In the demo project of SDK library, there's a readme file under the directory, it guides the developer how to test with the demo project, so please check it.
2) About the USB device speed testing, I'd like to know which kind of USB class device you want to test its speed, it usually needn't write a program for the testing by myself, you can find some tools via the Google search actually, maybe you can give a try.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos