cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX get microcontroller type

Jump to solution
Litmus1446
Contributor I

Is there any way to determine the microcontroller type, not family or UID, by reading particular register? I would like to separate between i.MX RT1062 and i.MX RT 1064 while being in ROM bootloader using sdphost.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ramon_Vega
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @Litmus1446 ,

Thanks so much for your patience, the i.MX RT106x don't have a standard register that identify the part.

but one difference is the 4MB that we have in the internal flash for i.MX RT 1064. Also considering a default XIP memory setup, is to identify if code is being executed at 0x6000_xxxx (i.MX RT1060) or at 0x7000_xxxx (i.MX RT1064).

please see this topic for more information Device Identification Register - NXP Community

I hope this information help you!

Kind regards 

-Ramon.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ramon_Vega
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear @Litmus1446 ,

Thanks so much for your patience, the i.MX RT106x don't have a standard register that identify the part.

but one difference is the 4MB that we have in the internal flash for i.MX RT 1064. Also considering a default XIP memory setup, is to identify if code is being executed at 0x6000_xxxx (i.MX RT1060) or at 0x7000_xxxx (i.MX RT1064).

please see this topic for more information Device Identification Register - NXP Community

I hope this information help you!

Kind regards 

-Ramon.

0 Kudos