Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1170 LPSPI SCK frequency

Jump to solution
Eugene3
Contributor II

I have questions about LPSPI of RT1170.

I'd like to use LPSPI as Master.

Is the maximum SCK frequency of LPSPI 30MHz?

I'd like to use LPSPI on 50 MHz on my application using RT1170, is it possible?

What is "fperiph" in Table 82 of the RT1170 datasheet? How can I set this value?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Eugene3,

What is "fperiph" in Table 82 of the RT1170 datasheet? How can I set this value?

The fperiph is the frequency of the peripheral's clock and it would depend on the LPSPI clock. Please take a look at i.MX RT1170 Processor Reference Manual. Chapter 15. Clock Controller Module (CCM)., there is mentioned the system clocks that could power the peripheral.

As you mentioned, in i.MX RT1170 Crossover Processors Data Sheet for Industrial Products. Table 82. LPSPI Master mode timing, the maximum fop (frequency of operation) frequency is indicated as 30MHz, so please try to use a fperiph value less than 60MHz.

This value is out of spec so we can guarantee it would work.

Best regards, Raul.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Eugene3,

The fperiph is the frequency of the peripheral's clock and it would depend on the LPSPI clock. Please take a look at i.MX RT1170 Processor Reference Manual. Chapter 15. Clock Controller Module (CCM)., there is mentioned the system clocks that could power the peripheral.

As you mentioned, in i.MX RT1170 Crossover Processors Data Sheet for Industrial Products. Table 82. LPSPI Master mode timing, the maximum fop (frequency of operation) frequency is indicated as 30MHz, so please try to use a fperiph value less than 60MHz.

This value is out of spec so we can guarantee it would work.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos
Eugene3
Contributor II

Hi @RaRo 

Thank you I understand.

0 Kudos