Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT106A sln-alexa-iot using bin file without JTag

nimasarrafi
Contributor I

Hi,
I have two quick questions:

1. I cannot find the document to understand what the jumper does.
    I looked at SLN-ALEXA-IOT datasheet and I do not see anything on the hardware block diagram to tell me what it is.

2. https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/sln-alexa-iot-getting-started-with-alexa-voice-service:GS-MCU-VOI...
    I'm following this tutorial. I'm creating a binary file to be able to flash it to the board. I do not have any JTag right now, so what I do as described in the tutorial, I put the board in the mass storage mode and I copy the .bin file over. Few seconds after the copying is done, it looks like the board cannot be programmed, so the red rgb led blinks few times, the board restarts and the default alexa application starts to run again. Also. as soon as the copying is done, MCU MASS STORAGE goes away from the host PC.
    In order for me to generate the binary file, I use the following command as a post-build step:
    arm-none-eabi-size "${BuildArtifactFileName}"
    arm-none-eabi-objcopy -v -O binary "${BuildArtifactFileName}" "${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.bin"
    checksum -p ${TargetChip} -d "${BuildArtifactFileBaseName}.bin"

I have attached my whole project to here.
    For the IDE I'm using MCUxpresso
    Please note I only load this project in the workspace, I'm not sure if it needs any supplementary file or something.
    Thank you for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1> When customer unboxing the SLN-ALEXA-IOT, there with an Activation card includes Reference design files about hardware design.

2020-11-10_14-27-14.jpg

2> Please check here about mass storage device (MSD) update.

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos