cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1060 SPI example

Jump to solution
nick_j
Contributor III

I am having issues with using the SPI examples from the SDK (lpspi_polling_b2b_transfer_master) using a 1060 EVK. The example didn't work as expected and upon probing the various lines from the master board there were no signals active.

Is there something that I'm not doing correctly or something extra I need to do other than load up the examples?

Thanks,

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick, 

Please keep in mind that in order to run these two examples you need to make some hardware changes to your board. You need to weld resistors  R278, R279, R280 and R281. We mention this in the readme file of the examples. 

Have a great day,

Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jinu_mohan
Contributor I

Hi Victorjimenez,

is there any refernce code for SPI communication.

i need a example for Connecting NXP RT1060_EVK with sensor to read data supporting SPI 

0 Kudos
javier_chavezq
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nick,

For this demo 2 boards are required, one with the "lpspi_polling_b2b_transfer_master" project  and the other with the "lpspi_polling_b2b_transfer_slave" project.

As the SPI transactions are in polling mode, both of the boards are waiting for send/receive data successfully, since there's no other board that sends/receives the data, the master will not show any information in the console until data is received from the other board.

I hope it helps.

Best regards,
Javier

0 Kudos
nick_j
Contributor III

Hi Javier,

I have got two boards running the correct projects and the lines are all connected correctly. However I am still getting the "Error occurred in LPSPI transfer !" message. So I probed the clock and chip select lines with an oscilloscope and neither showed any sign of doing anything. I configured them both to be active low and even then when probing there was nothing, when it should have been at least idling high.

I feel like maybe I'm missing something in the pin configuration?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nick, 

Please keep in mind that in order to run these two examples you need to make some hardware changes to your board. You need to weld resistors  R278, R279, R280 and R281. We mention this in the readme file of the examples. 

Have a great day,

Victor

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct"button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored

Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos