cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX.RT1052 PWM submodule freq

Jump to solution
Cindy
Contributor III

i.MX.RT 1052 has 4 PWM modules. Each of the PWM modules (PWM 1 to 4) has 4 submodules. Each of the submodules has A(PWM1 to 4), B(PWM1 to 4) and X (PWM1 only). I am trying to find PWM channels that can generate different frequencies. Base on this requirement:-

a) can each of the submodules generate a PWM output of different frequency, for example, setting up PWM1-submodule 0 output A to generating frequency of 10KHz@duty_cycle of 60%, and, setting up PWM1-submodule 1 to generate frequency of 5KHz@duty_cycle of 30%?

b) Am I right to say that all the outputs (A, B, and X) within the same submodule can only generate PWM outputs of the same frequency. However, their respective  duty cycles can be different?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Cindy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Cindy
Contributor III

Great thanks for your reply and information about the option to synchronise all of the PWM sub-modules!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Cindy
Contributor III

Great thanks for your reply and information about the option to synchronise all of the PWM sub-modules!

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Cindy,

a) can each of the submodules generate a PWM output of different frequency, for example, setting up PWM1-submodule 0 output A to generating frequency of 10KHz@duty_cycle of 60%, and, setting up PWM1-submodule 1 to generate frequency of 5KHz@duty_cycle of 30%?

>>>>>You are right exactly, each eFlexPWM module has 4 sub-module, each sub-module has it's own Val0~Val5 register, so each sub-module can generate different frequency PWM signals.

b) Am I right to say that all the outputs (A, B, and X) within the same submodule can only generate PWM outputs of the same frequency. However, their respective  duty cycles can be different?

>>>>>You are right exactly, for the same sub-module, it's A/B/X three PWM signals must have the same frequency, but can have different duty cycle.

There is synchronization mechanism so that all sub-modules in the same eFlexPWM can synchronize, in other words output the same frequency PWM signals with phase alignment. If you configure them so that all sub-modules work independently, it is okay.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong