cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1050 : external clock

Jump to solution
giuseppescarpi
Contributor III

Hello everybody! I am a newbie with the community and with i.MX as well.

I'd like to start with a (hopefully) simple question about RT1050. The datasheet always refers to an external 24 MHz clock. Although this frequency is defined as "typical" or "suggested", I can't understand if you can use a different value, say 24.576 MHz.

For example,it seems to me that both 480 MHz for USB and 25 MHz for ETH use fixed PLL that rely on a 24 MHz Xtal.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Giuseppe

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giuseppe

yes this undersatnding is correct, in general one can try to

adjust plls values appropriately using formula in sect.18.6.1.3 PLL reference clock,

sect.18.8 CCM Analog Memory Map/Register Definition i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1050RM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Giuseppe

yes this undersatnding is correct, in general one can try to

adjust plls values appropriately using formula in sect.18.6.1.3 PLL reference clock,

sect.18.8 CCM Analog Memory Map/Register Definition i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMXRT1050RM.pdf

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos