Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1050 eFlexPWM NanoEdge Block?

Jump to solution
socalsparky
Contributor II

Hello NXP folks!

In the i.MX RT1050 Reference Manual there's a discussion in section 28.5.2.9 of eFlexPWM module about "Fractional Delay Logic" to achieve 1/32 IPBus clock granularity (that is, higher resolution than single IPBus clock period) for PWM signals.

pastedImage_1.png

I'm puzzled at the section I've highlighted.  I can't find anything that clarifies which PWM submodule(s) have an analog NanoEdge placer block available.

I understand there's 4 eFlexPWM modules, each of which have 4 sub-modules.  Presumably all submodules of all eFlexPWM modules support the NanoEdge fractional delay logic?  Can anyone clarify?

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Just a quick clarification on the nanoedge,  this feature is not implemented on i.MX RT.  we will update the reference manual to make it clear.

See Chapter 28

Enhanced Flex Pulse Width Modulator (eFlexPWM)

28.1 Chip-specific FlexPWM information

NOTE

On this device, PWMx_EXTB are not applicable. Also, this

device does not have the specific pin of external ADC input.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
socalsparky
Contributor II

@Artur Petukhov Employee,  @Mario Centeno Employee

Its confusing to have two different --- and in this case completely opposite --- opinions on NanoEdge module in i.MX RT.  Who really knows? 

@Artur, can you double check about NanoEdge implementation and retract your comment if it is incorrect?  Hoping for consensus here.

Reference to NanoEdge has been in the i.NX RT reference manual since Oct 2017...and @Mario is saying it's not implemented at all?  Makes me wonder what else referred to in documentation is not implemented... 

@Mario, yes, I have read Chapter 28 on eFlexPWM.  I'm not sure why you highlight the "NOTE" at the start of the chapter -- it doesn't reference NanoEdge module at all.

0 Kudos
mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Socalsparky,

I can confirm it's not implemented in the device and the reference manual will be updated to make it clear.

Mario

mariocenteno
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Just a quick clarification on the nanoedge,  this feature is not implemented on i.MX RT.  we will update the reference manual to make it clear.

See Chapter 28

Enhanced Flex Pulse Width Modulator (eFlexPWM)

28.1 Chip-specific FlexPWM information

NOTE

On this device, PWMx_EXTB are not applicable. Also, this

device does not have the specific pin of external ADC input.

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right. Since the eFlexPWM modules of the i.MX RT105x processors are completely reused from the Kinetis KV5x series microcontrollers, they all contain the NanoEdge Placement logic.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

socalsparky
Contributor II

Having read register details in the Reference Manual it is more clear.  It seems there is NanoEdge blocks for PWM period and PWM_A, PWM_B rising/falling edges of each submodule 0-3.

0 Kudos