cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1050 Crossover MCU customized QSPI flashloader

Jump to solution
dridiramzi
Contributor I

I have a i.MX RT1050 Crossover MCU and MT25TL01G QSPI, and I want to customize a flashloader for IAR in order to load my code into the external memory .

1)Does anyone have a source code of flashloader for a customized board that may help me?

2)Does anyone  have some documents, tutorials about how to make my own flashloader ?

Thanks,

Ramzi

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi dridiramzi,

You can find flashloader demo in IAR install directory. (IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\arm\src\flashloader\NXP\FlashIMXRT1050_EVK_FlexSPI)

The user guide is \IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\arm\doc\FlashLoaderGuide.ENU.pdf

Regards,

Jing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dridiramzi
Contributor I

Hi Jing,

Thanks for your answer ,

does NXP offer a method to generate customized flashloaders (even using MCUXpreso) so that it will be more easier for users to make them own flashloaders? 

example of method((as input GPIO,QSPI instruction...etc,and as output customized flashloader))

Does NXP offer a customized flashloader or a flashloaders support for external memories other then the one used with the IMXRT1050_EVK?

Regards,

Ramzi.

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

No, we use IAR demo project to generate flash bootloader too.  

NXP doesn't support RT1050 QSPI flash algorithm one by one since there are many kinds of flash in the market. We tell customer how to make it by themselves.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi dridiramzi,

You can find flashloader demo in IAR install directory. (IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\arm\src\flashloader\NXP\FlashIMXRT1050_EVK_FlexSPI)

The user guide is \IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 8.4\arm\doc\FlashLoaderGuide.ENU.pdf

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos