Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1050 - Clarification of NVCC_GPIO voltage

Jump to solution
andrewkinmont
Contributor II

Hello,

We currently have a prototype operating with a NVCC_GPIO voltage of 1.8Volts. This prototype is using the A0 revision of the i.MR RT1052 silicon. At the time of our development, we asked the question about operating with this voltage, as the datasheet suggested that 1.8Volts was OK, however, the Hardware Development Guide showed that NVCC_GPIO should be between 3.0Volts and 3.6Volts. I note that this question was also posed on the Community Forum in April 2018, confirming that 1.8Volts is acceptable for NVCC_GPIO.

The prototype design is being revised, and when we review the latest version of the datasheet (revision 1.3 03/2019), it shows that NVCC_GPIO should between 3.0Volts and 3.6Volts.

Has this been changed from the original specification for the chip, or is it still acceptable to use 1.8Volts for NVCC_GPIO?

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew,

I just got the confirmation from the design team. NVCC_GPIO voltage level range is 3.0-3.6V fir A1 chip. Other voltage level ranges are not recommended.

Regards,

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
andrewkinmont
Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thanks for your response.

Here is the details for the NVCC_GPIO from the datasheet:

IMXRT1050-datasheet.PNG

This entry is from the Rev. 0, 10.2017 revision, and is the same as the entry in the Rev. 1, 03/2018 revision of the i.MX RT1050 Datasheet. I note that this has changed in the Rev. 1.2, 09/2018 revision of the datasheet to show that NVCC_GPIO should be between 3.0Volts and 3.6Volts. This is still the case in the latest (Rev. 1.3, 03/2019) version of the datasheet.

Back in November 2017, I did ask NXP to confirm that 1.8Volts was OK for NVCC_GPIO, and I received confirmation that this was acceptable. Our prototype is working fine with 1.8Volts for NVCC_GPIO, but this is using the A0 step of the silicon.

Given that specifications can change, I am keen to ensure that the A1 step of the silicon will also support 1.8Volts, and that this will remain the case moving forward. If not, or if this is not advisable any longer, we will revise our design before proceeding with our next board spin.

Thanks and regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew,

I just got the confirmation from the design team. NVCC_GPIO voltage level range is 3.0-3.6V fir A1 chip. Other voltage level ranges are not recommended.

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
andrewkinmont
Contributor II

Hello Victor,

Thank you for this clarification.

We will update our design to bring the NVCC_GPIO voltage into line with the revised specification.

Regards,

Andrew

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification. I understand your confusion. I'm currently checking this with the design team, to ensure what is the NVCC_GPIO voltage range for the A1 revision.

Regards,

Victor.

0 Kudos
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Andrew,

Could you please clarify where in the datasheet did you see the following information for the NVCC_GPIO?

as the datasheet suggested that 1.8Volts was OK...

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos