cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1020 EVK on Arduino

floriangermé
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I got an i.MX RT1020 EVK to test NXP chips directly.

Before I used the teensy 3.6 which are equipped with NXP k66.

The problem is that if I want to make my product marketable I can't use the teensy card.

I would still like to use the arduino as a programming language. Is this absurd or is it easy to do?

I bought the i.MX RT1020 EVK but I think to use the RT1064 later

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Florian Germé,

As Mike stated Arduino isn't a programming language. Arduino's are programmed in C language same as the i.MX RT.

To program the i.MXRT I highly recommend you to download MCUXpresso IDE (link). The MCUXpresso IDE offers advanced editing, compiling and debugging features with the addition of MCU-specific debugging views, code trace and profiling, multicore debugging, and integrated configuration tools.

I also recommend you to download the SDK for the i.MXRT1020 EVK (link).  The MCUXpresso SDK is a comprehensive software enablement package designed to simplify and accelerate application development with NXP’s LPC and Kinetis microcontrollers and i.MX RT crossover processors based on Arm Cortex-M cores. The MCUXpresso SDK includes production-grade software with integrated RTOS (optional), integrated stacks and middleware, reference software, and more.

Hope it helps!
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Not exactly sure what you're asking. And not to sound like an anorak but... Arduino isn't a programming language. Arduino's, which are ATmega chips, are programmed in C. Which is the same language used for the iMXRT. Or are you hoping to import an Arduino project? In any event, download MCUxpresso IDE.

m_banzi
Contributor I

Not to sound like an anorak but... Arduino are not ATMega chips. Official Arduino boards run multiple architectures (AVR, ARM, x86, ARC) and are programmed in C++. For simplicity a number of beginners call it a language and we call it a language to make it simple for people to understand (it's not standard c++, it's heavily pre-processed to make it useable by a larger public)

mspenard603
Contributor IV

Well on this planet most people mean an Uno, Mega or Micro when they say Arduino. Which is a bloody ATmega_xxxx. So you're not really helping this thread along.

0 Kudos

floriangermé
Contributor II

So Mike Spenard how do you explain the teensy 3.x and 4.x?

I need to use the Arduino IDE and these libraries to use external composen like the eve-ft800 or eve-bt815 more easily

0 Kudos

floriangermé
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply,

Here is the problem :

The NXP chip will work in duo with the FT800 (gamduino2) or the BT815. To make it work I have two option:

• The first is to adapt the ft800 library on MCUxpresso IDE but the big problem is that it is based on the library SPI available for the arduino and I don't arrive to adapt it for FlexIO SPI driver. I don't arrive to use it at the moment and FlexIO SPI it's don't adapt for c ++.
  • The second is to successfully run the arduino library on MCUxpresso IDE.
  • The third is the one I prefer for the future is to develop directly in environment Arduino.
0 Kudos