Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1020 EVK code download problem

ingdb
Contributor III

Dear all,

We reallocated FLEX RAM in our C++ project accordingly to this 

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/Reallocating-the-FlexRAM/ta-p/1117649

we did not burn fuses, our memory usage is this:

ingdb_1-1664538895779.png

Sometimes, we see flashing the program on the target is not working properly, when comparing the flash with the binary we have an error:

ingdb_6-1664540184785.png

This error is not reported during the flash process, but we see our program crashing in such a case. 

Is it possible that the flashing process of the McuExpressor to the RT1021 EVK is somehow buggy or could this be a side effect of something else?

best regards

Matthias

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @ingdb ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to your statement, the demo doesn't work well after FlexRAM reallocation, is my understanding right?
If yes, I was wondering if you can illustrate the steps of replicating the phenomenon and the above error.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ingdb
Contributor III

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for your response.

There is no way to reproduce the failure, and I haven't seen the problem at all this week. And I am also not sure if it's somehow related to FlexRam reconfiguration but I wanted to understand if there might be a correlation. 

I know that sometimes the flash is corrupted, and the flash memory check delivers an error with the RT1020 EVK, but I have no clue why this can happen.

regards

Matthias

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @ingdb ,
Thanks for your reply.
Actually, it's too hard to dig deeper without finding out a way of replicating the issue.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos