i.MX RT1010 output of dev_audio_generator_bm demo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1010 output of dev_audio_generator_bm demo

kentgenemail
Contributor I

What exactly should you hear from the output of the evkmimxrt1010_dev_audio_generator_bm demo?

The code looks like it is sending some canned data from audio_data.c as the output of the USB microphone device.#i.MXRT

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kent, 

The USB Audio Generator application is a simple demonstration program based on the MCUXpresso SDK. It is enumerated as a recording device and users can record the sound from this device via the "Sound Recorder" in the Windows Accessories. 

The readme file located at 

<MCUXpresso_SDK_Install>/boards/<board>/usb_examples/usb_device_audio_generator_lite/<rtos>/readme.pdf. This explains how to run the example step by step. 

Regards,

Victor 

0 Kudos

kentgenemail
Contributor I

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your quick reply. I do have the demo running and I have looked at the readme.pdf.

My problem is that I can not verify the demo is working correctly. The sound I record, via "Sound Recorder", is not a recognizable word or sound.

Initially, I assumed the on-board microphone was being used as the source for the USB microphone. This does not seem to be the case. Looking at the code, the sound generated seems to come from some canned data in audio_data.c (the readme.pdf states "The sound is identical to the instance sound located in the memory").

My question is, what is the sound I should hear?

Thanks,

Kent

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Kent, 

The sound that you will hear is identical to the instance sound located in the memory. You can find this information at the file audio_data.c.

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos