Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing problems

meravs
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm having a lot flashing problems:

Target error from Commit Flash write: Em(12). Target rejected debug access at location 0x20008964

GDB stub (crt_emu_cm_redlink) terminating - GDB protocol problem: Pipe has been closed by GDB.

did this happen to anyone, any idea?

Thanks,

Merav.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

meravs
Contributor I

Hi Kerry,

I don't use windows pc, does MCUXpresso not support ubuntu?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Merav Strassberg,

Sorry for my later reply!

MCUXPresso can support the ubuntu, please check MCUXpresso_IDE_Installation_Guide.pdf under your  C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.0.0_2516 at first, make sure your linux installation meet the mcuxpresso IDE demand, I have checked your Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, this version can be supported.

BTW, do you use the official SDK code which is downloaded from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder 

You can choose the linux version, and the MCUXpresso IDE, generate the SDK and download it.

When you use the MIMXRT1020-EVK, and use the MCXpresso IDE to download the code, you need to configure SW8  1 OFF, 2OFF, 3 ON, 4 OFF.

Just configure the boot mode as boot internal.

Please try it again, if you still have question, please kindly let me knwo.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

meravs
Contributor I

Environment:

MCUXpresso 10.3.0.

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

I am already using our own HW with RT1020, but I saw the same behavior on MIMXRT1020-EVK .

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Merav Strassberg,

Do you have the windows PC, can you try that on your side, I have tested the MIMXRT1020-EVK, it works in the windows system.

You can try the MCUBootUtility tool with windows system.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Merav Strassberg ,

Please also tell us the external flash, the debugger  and the detail sample code you are using, then we can help you to check the details.

BTW, you need to configure you board boot mode to internal boot, then you can debug it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Merav,

Are you using NXP RT1020 EVK? What's your EVK version?

What's your MCUXpresso and SDK version? We need these info to locate root cause of your issue.

Best Regards,

Jay

0 Kudos